Nitro Pro within microsoft sharepoint

Martin van der Meij

Martin van der Meij

How well does Nitro Pro work together with sharepoint?

Is it possible to sign documents in sharepoint using Nitro pro?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Martin van der Meij,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

You can open files from Sharepoint, and sign/edit them in Nitro Pro.

Here are some helpful articles: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/sharepoint/000003214

We highly encourage you to give Nitro a try to see it will be a perfect fit for the files that you are working on: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try

I hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Rob Nicholson

My client uses SharePoint extensively and the answer about whether Nitro Pro works with SharePoint is "sort of". It can certainly open documents from SharePoint but the trick is finding out the Url you need to open. The direct SharePoint integration in Nitro Pro needs a lot more work. It doesn't scale very well if one has hundreds of Office 365 groups plus the navigation window shows the alias, not the name of the group. Considering how popular Office 365 is these days, there is a real opportunity to be the best PDF editor for use with SharePoint. What my client really wants is "Open in Nitro Pro" directly from the SharePoint document library in the browser. But I don't think that's possible as the hooks to add 3rd party apps into the "Open" menu doesn't seem to exist so Microsoft needs to fix that first.

• I agree 1

• 10 months later...
stephen forsythe

Agreed.  Nitro does not handle SharePoint in a manor consistent with norms.  Eg: it does not handle check-in & check-out on document libraries that 'require check-in/out'.  For us this is a disaster!

Better support for O365 is needed fast.  I am getting other users refusing to use Nitro because of its lack of support for SharePoint.  When you ask support about it they just say 'That's the way it works....'

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...