Pre-Sale Upgrade/Update Policy Question

beaker353

I only have a few days left on my trial version of Nitro 12 and I'm trying to find clarification on a pre-sale question so I feel confident in pulling the trigger. There doesn't seem to be a more "normal" way to actually get a human to answer a pre-sale simple question unless I'm looking to order in mass. Nitro, you really should fix that...

So if I understand it correctly, if I purchase a Nitro 12 license today and tomorrow Nitro 13 is released I would need to immediately shell out in the neighborhood of $80USD to get Nitro 13 unless I pay extra $30USD/year for the optional software update insurance. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Even the most ruthless developers give you at least 6 months of free updates/upgrades from your initial purchase. Nitro gives us zero? Doesn't exactly make me want to immediately purchase a license when my trial expires. Instead, it makes me want to limp along with my current old and cranky Acrobat Pro until Nitro releases version 13.

Am I missing some part of this equation, or is this really the deal?

-EM

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @beaker353,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Updates (that are for the same version, Nitro Pro 12) are placed here and are free: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

You are right, there is no free upgrade to Nitro Pro 13, you only get that if you have Software Assurance. Also, we are not releasing Nitro Pro 13 anytime soon.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• 2 months later...

So I’m trying to figure out “we are not releasing Nitro 13 anytime soon” when I just got an email offer to pay to update version 13? Seems more than mildly shady that you claimed there was no need to purchase the update insurance, but then try to hit me up for way way more than the insurance cost just two months later for a update. I left Adobe for Nitro because this is the type of stuff I expect Adobe to pull. Guess Nitro is no better.