Hidden Text Shows In Printed PDF

Daren H

I came across a PDF file awhile back and when I printed the file it has like a header/footer that prints out but not is shown when viewing the PDF file with Adobe Reader.  Can this be something achieved by Nitro Pro?

Thank you

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

It looks like you can- you can have form fields that are set to be hidden on screen, but will be visible if printed out.

The value you want for the form field is under the General tab, Common Properties: Form field should be set to "Hidden but printable".

If you wanted something else, let me know what you want, and I'll see if it can be done.

Yes that is what I am looking for.  Now without clicking on every page to add the form, can I add that to the footer one time and have it copy to all pages?  Is that possible?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

It's a little weird, but you can do this.

To get it on every page in the same spot, you first need to setup the first page's box exactly as you want it- if the text is the same on every page, you can just set the Default Value to the text you want.

Once the first box is setup, click on the Make Copies button- you want the "Add to every page" option checked, and probably the "Use same field name" option.  Next comes the only tricky part- you need to make a 1x1 grid.  To do this, just move your mouse over the grid & click on the first box. Once this is done, you'll see (or not if you made the box invisible normally) the field copied to every page in the same place.

Hope that helps!

(There should be a way to do this with an actual header or footer, but that would require tracking down the equivalent JavaScript to use in your header/footer, and I'm not sure what that is).

• I agree 1