v12 upgrade Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed

m_in_sc

I purchase an upgrade from 11 to 12.  11 is still installed.  I download the Nitro Pro 12 installer into a folder with no other files (no exe or msi or anything.)  Ran it as Administrator.  Turned off all Advanced options (no add-ons, etc.)  It downloads and then starts to install.  At about 11% complete it fails.  What next?  I don't want to uninstall 11 because I need it for work and if I can't re-install then I'm in trouble.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @m_in_sc,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Installing Nitro Pro 12 will remove Nitro Pro 11.

Please completely uninstall Nitro Pro 11 or 12 first. Make sure to also remove all previously downloaded installers from your downloads folder.

Then get the installer for Nitro Pro 12 here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your serial number.

If you get an error message, please take a screenshot and place it here.

Thanks! 

Thank you.  Since the install failed, Nitro Pro 11 is still installed and working.  I downloaded the installer, and I placed it into a folder that contained zero other files -- no other installers, no other files at all.  Although I have administrator privileges, I used the Run as Administrator option to launch the installer.  It downloads the product, and then starts the install step.  At about 11% complete it stops with the uninformative "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed" message.

Because this is an upgrade I am concerned that if I uninstall 11 and then the new 12 install fails I'll have nothing.  I believe the upgrade purchase deactivates the old key for new installs.

• 4 weeks later...

I am hoping somebody is reading this thread.  I have Nitro Pro 11 installed and working on Windows 10 Pro with Office 365.  I bought Nitro Pro 12 upgrade.  With the installer placed in a folder with zero other files, and with the installed run as Administrator, it downloads the product, gets about 11% through the install, and then fails with "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed".

Leslie said to try uninstalling 11 first.  I am reluctant to try that because in these forums it states that 11 will often fail to reinstall on machines with Office 365 installed.  (There is a very complex solution and the simple solution is to use 12 instead because supposedly 12 doesn't have that bug.)   I need Nitro Pro for my work so I don't want to be stuck unable to reinstall.

I waited for the next minor release of 12 to try again.  It still fails. Can anyone help?