trail mode only at the time the software get updated to version 12

Anas

Hi All,

Almost the same issue with my users, but the problem of showing trail mode only at the time the software get updated to version 12, i have license versions of 10 & 11.

So is there any way to Disable Auto Update ?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Anas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

With previous versions of Nitro Pro, we do have 'Check for Updates' feature under Help tab but it is currently unavailable because our development team disabled it and haven’t bring it back. Please note that this feature requires user-intervention to execute.

I would also like to share that Update is way different with Upgrade. Updating is when a newer build is released of the same software version you are currently using. For example, if you had Nitro Pro 11, with build 11.0.3.173 installed, you can then update to 11.0.7.425 (the most recent release to date).

Updates include items like bug fixes, enhancements, and security updates. This is why we recommend that you are always running the current build of the software.  To find the latest the update for your particular version of Nitro Pro please click here.

With regards to Upgrading, it is when a newer version of Nitro Pro is purchased. An example would be upgrading from Nitro Pro 10 to Nitro Pro 11 (same with Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 12).

If affected users are part of a Domain within your organization / company, I believe your IT Admin may have placed a Group Policy (GPO) and attached the Nitro Pro 12 MSI installer somewhere. This has happened to one of my case before and it was fixed after removing that MSI package.

I also had another case where a Shavlik program is the culprit. It's a patching software that scans their computers and will push out updates to computers and the software therein it finds that need updating. If you have such software installed, Nitro Pro could be listed there to keep it updated.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!