Installing NitroPro 11 Failed

OLS

Hi,

I have tried the steps in the previous posts including this post below but with no luck. I have full permissions over the WindowsApp folder but I am still not able to install NitroPro 11 onto my new Windows 10 machine.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, stumpyday said:

I would like to say, this does work. However they are leaving out a very important step you have to take in order to get permission to this folder, even if you are admin on your computer.

1. Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

2. Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select Properties from the pop-up menu.

3. Under Properties | Security tab, click the Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

4. Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

5. Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

6. Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with full control). Finally hit Apply. This may take a while.

What is the best way to raise a ticket to get this resolved asap?

Thanks,

OLS.

Edited by OLS

Hi,

As many others on this forum, my installation of NitroPro11 of which I have purchased a license for is failing.

I have done the steps in the document on the link below and my user has full access to the WindowsApps folder but install is still failing:

I have also tried the instructions on this post but install is still failing:

What can I do to get this working?

Thanks,

OLS.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @OLS,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you run the commands via CMD, did you receive 'Successful' result for all?

When you attempted to reinstall your Nitro Pro 11, did you use our EXE or MSI installers?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yep the commands via CMD were successful and I have full permissions, ownership and access to the /WindowsApp/ folder.

I have tried both the MSI and EXE installers, both come up with different error messages but they both fail. The error messages I get are: "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified." or "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed".

I also don't have Microsoft Office installed, it's a brand new laptop and I removed any default Microsoft Offices too to see if this helped but still having the same issues.

Thanks,

OLS.