Nitro Pro will not open

GGG

Hello all, 

I have an odd problem which will not go away.

Nitro Pro is my default PDF viewer.  When I double-click on a PDF the NitroPro splash screen appears, in the taskbar the program appears to be open, but I can see it nowhere. When I Alt + TAB the preview of NitroPro is simply a blank box that appears to be the same size of the splash screen. 

When I open the program directly from the start menu, it does the same thing.  Program opens but nothing happens. 

I have Windows 10 Professional and Nitro Pro version 12.6.1.298 with a Surface Book 2.

I have already "repaired" the program via the Apps sub-menu in Windows Settings and still nothing. 

I'd like to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Best,

GGG

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @GGG,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please try to Hold “Shift” and right-click on the Nitro in the taskbar, then choose Move. Use the arrow keys to move Nitro back into view.

I hope that helps!

On 5/31/2019 at 8:09 AM, GGG said:

Hello all, 

Nitro Pro is my default PDF viewer.  When I double-click on a PDF the NitroPro splash screen appears, in the taskbar the program appears to be open, but I can see it nowhere. When I Alt + TAB the preview of NitroPro is simply a blank box that appears to be the same size of the splash screen. 

When I open the program directly from the start menu, it does the same thing.  Program opens but nothing happens. 

I have Windows 10 Professional and Nitro Pro version 12.6.1.298 with a Surface Book 2.

I have already "repaired" the program via the Apps sub-menu in Windows Settings and still nothing. 

Best,

GGG

Hi Support,

I have been experiencing similar problems over the past few months. Frequently my NitroPro will not open at all. I try to open a pdf document, I trying going to the installed source of the Nitro Pro. Does not matter how many times I try to click on it, the searching wheel turns a couple of times then stop and nothing opens. I have to restart my computer in order to get this to work. It is not that I have a bunch of programs open, this might be the first thing I try to open and it still will not start.

Help

Sherry

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Sherry,

Can you please forward a sample file you are trying to open that leads to the issue so we can test it on our end? Also, please let us know what exact version of Nitro you are using (You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.)

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Rainer Hohlbein
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, GGG said:

Hello all, 

Best,GGG

Hello Leslie,

I had the same problem that Nitro Pro 11 opened, but was not to be seen. I tried what you suggested, move the window, and it appeared! Great.

But the next time when I open Nitro, the same happens!

I shut down the PC (Microsoft Surface) with Nitro open, but the next time the same result.

Do you have an idea?

Regards Rainer

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/31/2019 at 8:58 AM, Leslie Villarin said:

Hello @GGG,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please try to Hold “Shift” and right-click on the Nitro in the taskbar, then choose Move. Use the arrow keys to move Nitro back into view.

I hope that helps!

This doesn't help if Nitro won't even open. I have tried opening multiple documents. I've tried just opening the application alone without a document first and nothing happens. It has been freezing and crashing for months. I'm on Windows 10, Toshiba Satellite. I can't tell you which version, because IT WON'T OPEN now. I had to uninstall and reinstall about a year ago, if that tells you anything. I love what Nitro can do, but it has had constant glitches for the 7 years that I have worked with it.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Kelly Putz

Thanks for reaching out!

What exact version of Nitro are you using? You can find this information by opening Nitro. Go to the Help tab, then click About Nitro Pro.

• 2 months later...
Alden Reynoso

I also have the problem periodically.  I suspect it is because sometimes I work with two display screens and sometimes one.  I will mention that the shift+right click on Nitro in the toolbar and move sometimes works.  When it does not, I have also had success correcting the problem with shift+right click and "maximize"