Nitro Pro 12 (and 11) crashes when doing a search

JonathanHogan

JonathanHogan

When doing any kind of search, Nitro Pro 12 (12.0.0.112) crashes. To reproduce the error, type <ctrl> F to search, enter anything into the search box, press <enter>, and Nitro Pro 12 will freeze and have to be terminated every time. I upgraded from 11 to 12 specifically to get a version that does not have this problem. Sigh.

Is there a fix, work around or upgrade that will solve this?

Thanks!

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

"Please try updating to 12.14: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Kindly let us know how it goes."

I downloaded and installed the latest and greatest version of Nitro PDF Pro, version 12_16_3_57, on  July 7, 2019,  

I did.a search on the same file I had the problem with when I looked and found the results.  But then, FAILURE!  No mouse after search anywhere in Nitro PDF Window.  Had to use Task Master to end Task to be able to do ANYTHING and restart Nitro Pro!

Tried with several other pdf files,  Searched for a word that was in the file. The word was found. Then I tried to to something else in Nitro Window, anything else.  FAILURE again!  No mouse after search anywhere in Nitro PDF Window.  Again had to use Task Master to end Task to be able to do ANYTHING and restart Nitro Pro!

Can I go back to an earlier version where search actually worked?  (I upgraded from Ver. 8 [on XP SP3] to Ver 12 on Windows 10 Ver ?) because Nitro's literature said the Version 8 pdf printer driver would not work with Window 10.

Now I am wondering that was a true statement?  Or was Nitro PDF blowing Blue Smoke up my skirt , as a male friend of mine used to say?

• 3 months later...