help! text boxes changing into check box?

Rarnone

hello Nitro Community!

I'd like to start out with saying I still have a lot to learn with this application so please bare with me!

I was having a co worker create a fillable PDF for me and after giving a brief description on how everything works he took off with it.

I check in a couple of times and the text boxes worked properly as did the check boxes, but then a save was done when we opened it again all of the text boxes just switched to Checkboxes?

any ideas? is there a way to reverse this? Rather than just creating all new text boxes?

Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rarnone,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.8.411) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file (new and existing)? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Power User

Just copied and pasted some text boxes and when I edited them, they switched over to check boxes also. Using the May 30th release on Win10 home edition. Multiple crashes when trying to revert the box change...don't go that direction for sure! Sent the reports... Had to do one copy and paste one box at a time, make the edits, then "save as" to hold the integrity of the change. Try copying two or more boxes and the dreaded "checkbox" change takes place when making the edits after the paste. Go figure???

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mfiske,

Thank you for post in this thread.

I went ahead and checked the Bugsplat reports you submitted and I can see they all points to below details using your Nitro Pro 12.14: 

Function: npdf!CNxPDField::get_cos_obj
Explanation: c0000005 Access violation

To further assist you, I would love to get a copy of the file (with extracted sensitive information) you are working with do more tests. Is this possible?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...