Trial won't run

EKelleher

I downloaded the free trial and installed it.  I had to install it twice. 

it won't run.  It opens a window called NitroPro and then nothing happens. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EKelleher,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you double-click its desktop shortcut, do you see its icon on your Windows taskbar?

If yes, are you using two monitors?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EKelleher,

Thanks for this information.

In order to further assist you, could you please answer the following questions?:
-Is this the first time you installed Nitro Pro trial on your machine?
-When you uninstalled the first install, did you do it by going to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features?
-When you double-click the desktop icon, does it open and closes immediately or you are receiving an error message or a crash report?
-If you open Task Manager, do you see a Nitro Pro running in the back-ground? Could you please end and open Nitro Pro again? Did it help?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Pardon the caps used to answer you below. 

Is this the first time you installed Nitro Pro trial on your machine?  YES
-When you uninstalled the first install, did you do it by going to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features? YES.  THE FIRST TIME I TRIED TO INSTALL, THE INSTALLATION HUNG FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES SO I CANCELED IT.  THEN I INSTALLED FULLY.  PROGRAM DIDN'T WORK SO I UNINSTALLED USING WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND FEATURES TOOL. 
-When you double-click the desktop icon, does it open and closes immediately or you are receiving an error message or a crash report?  IT OPENS WITH A NEW SMALL WINDOW (ONE THAT CAN'T BE MINIMIZED) AND A BLANK SCREEN. IN THE SCREEN FRAME IT SAYS "WELCOME TO NITRO PRO".  THERE'S NO OTHER INFORMATION OR INTERACTION WITH THAT SCREEN, OTHER THAN AN "X" TO CLOSE THE WINDOW.  IT DOESN'T CRASH AND THERE'S NO ERROR REPORT.  WHEN I OPEN IT FROM THE START MENU, IT CREATES AN ICON IN THE TASKBAR WHICH DISAPPEARS WHEN THE WINDOW OPENS. 
-If you open Task Manager, do you see a Nitro Pro running in the back-ground? Could you please end and open Nitro Pro again? Did it help?  IT RUNS IN THE BACKGROUND.  I ENDED IT USING TASK MANAGER BUT IT DOES THE SAME THING WHEN I OPEN IT AGAIN. 

Can I ask you this:  I don't intend to purchase the Pro version.  Just want to use the free version for a period of time to see if I like it.  Then maybe upgrade to pro.  Please confirm that I can do this so you and I  won't invest any more time in something I won't want to continue. Thanks. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EKelleher,

Thank you for your time answering my questions.

Kindly note this is a common scenario when multiple monitors are being used. When Nitro Pro is opened on a monitor that is later disconnected, it won't default to a current "active" display which causes Nitro Pro to display on the missing monitor. Kindly try these steps:

1. Focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it on the Taskbar. 
2. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow until Nitro Pro appears.

If above steps did not help, please proceed in performing below steps:

1. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip 

2. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.14 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874 

Cheers!