Nitro Pro SysTray

Cleo

When I re-boot my computer I get an error message "The service does not have sufficient privileges.  Please reinstall."  It is associated with nitro_pro_systray.  I want to get rid of this error message.  I do not want Nitro Pro SysTray.  Please tell me how to get rid of this annoying message.  Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Cleo,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen when you open the program or when converting any documents to PDF?
-Did you check Task Manager to check it is associated to nitro_pro_systray? Could you please provide a screenshot of this window?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi AllainU,

I think it occurred after installing Nitro Pro.  I can't accurately determine exactly when it happened.

Nitro Pro 12.12.1.522

I get the error message when I re-boot.

I don't seem to be able to send a screenshot, but in Task Manager under "Processes" nitro_pro_systray.exe is running using memory that fluctuates from around 4076k to around 5000k.

Hope you can work with this info...

Thanks,

Cleo

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Cleo,

Thanks for providing this information.

Would it be possible to uninstall your Nitro Pro, reboot your machine and install the latest build which is Nitro Pro 12.14? If yes, please refer to below steps:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001686

3. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.
4. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.14 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

5. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Hi AllainU,

I followed your directions and things seem to be working.  I did a couple extra steps.  After the uninstall and clean-up I searched my computer for NitroPro and found another instance of it installed.  I uninstalled that also.  After the clean-up and re-boot, the sys tray was still starting with re-boot (without the error) so I disabled it from the start menu.  So, I think things are running properly now.

Thanks again for your help.

Cleo

• 4 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Cleo,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen when you open the program or when converting any documents to PDF?
-Did you check Task Manager to check it is associated to nitro_pro_systray? Could you please provide a screenshot of this window?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

This problem occurred since after installing Nitro Pro. I reinstalled many times and still get this same error. I was not aware of or recognized any changes before this happened. This happens when I try to edit, open, or convert documents to PDF.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @@alexX,

To further assist you, what Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with?

You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Have you tried running a repair of the Nitro Pro application? You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 . Did it help?