Crashing when using QuickSign

Ward Bartsch

Ward Bartsch

I have NitroPro versions 9 and 11 both installed on my PC (Windows 10 Home, 8 GB memory, 1 TB SSD).  I used to use the QuickSign feature frequently to insert images into my PDF files.  It worked flawlessly for years, and then one day, it stopped working.  Now Nitro crashes when I try to use QuickSign, no matter which version of Nitro I use.  Any ideas how to fix this?  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ward Bartsch,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-Have you tried running a repair of your Nitro Pro program? You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641 
-If repairing did not help, what build of Nitro Pro (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.8.411) are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Ward Bartsch

I have not tried repair yet because both version 9 and 11.0.1.16 fail.  Normally I use version 9 because for me it is simple and quicker.  I use it all the time for the signature feature and correcting packing slips.  Thanks in advance.  ward@lightxxxxxenterprises.us

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ward Bartsch,

Please do run a repair of both programs to see if that will help.

With regard to your Nitro Pro 11.0.1.16, would it be possible to update it to 11.0.8.470 if repairing did not help?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Ward Bartsch

We ran repair on both to no avail.  And as for 11 the updater said that there were no updated available??  I only bought 11 when it came out to support the project, but I hardly ever use it!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ward Bartsch,

Thanks for your response and patience.

I believe you clicked on 'Check for Updates' button under your Nitro Pro 11's Help tab when you received the 'no update available' message. At this time, our Check for Updates feature is currently unavailable because our development team disabled it and haven’t bring it back. As much as I would like to provide you when this feature will be up again, there is no ETA from their team.

To update to your v9 and v11, kindly uninstall what you currently have, reboot your machine and download our most up to date versions posted at our website here and you need to visit this page from time to time: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/sunset/000001632 

If you need immediate help in the future not related to this case, you can log a ticket using the following link: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

Ward Bartsch

We could not un install either program, but to our utter delight we were able to install the new levels over the old and now they both work - PRAISE the LORD!  Thanks SO much for guiding us along.