Insert a blank page after every page

Mike FandD

I need to insert a blank page after every page in the file.  I am aware of the insert page function but that would require me to repeat that task 400-1200 a week.  I have tried using the script below in File - Batch Processing - Execute Java Script - Continue - Add Files - Run.   

(function () {
var curDoc = app.activeDocument,
  allPages = curDoc.pages,
  nPages = allPages.length,
  curPage,
  i,p;

for (i = nPages-1; i >= 0; i--) {
  curPage = allPages;
  p = curDoc.pages.add();
  p.move(LocationOptions.AFTER, curPage);
}
}) ();

The dialog box after reads

File 1: Processing C:\Users\Mailing\AppData\Local\Temp\NitroBatchFolder\RenewalNoticePDF_06-21-2019_AT_08_32_AM.pdf.pdf
    Running Execute JavaScript action
End of Processing
Total files count: 1
Completed successfully: 0
Failed: 0

When I open my file, no changes have been made.  Is there a way to insert a blank page after every page of a pdf within Nitro 12?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Mike FandD,

Thanks for posting here!

Nitro supports the use of Javascript however our Customer support team won't be able to give advice on Java codes because we are not Java-trained.

Hopefully, one of our users who might be knowledgable in Javascript will be able to help.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Power User
Steven Zakulec

There should be a way to do what you're trying to do, but when running that script in a single PDF, it errors out immediately here: var curDoc = app.activeDocument,

Nitro complains that curDoc is undefined.  I'm not really a Javascript person, but as far as I can tell, Nitro's not recognizing app.activeDocument (or something else weird is happening).

Here's the list of supported functions: https://www.gonitro.com/user-guide/pro/javascript-objects

Possibly you could build something using the objects from this?

Do let me know if you manage to find something that works here- I'd be thrilled.

Wish I could be more help here.

• 4 years later...
Kent VanderVelden

Nitro may still not have an option for bulk page inserts. This is the JavaScript code that I used to insert, after every page, a page from a template notes file.. One gotcha: For some reason, the inserted file must have at least two pages. The code only inserts the first page, but the insertPages method in v14 of Nitro needed a second page.

// To use:
//   1) Open PDF to insert pages into
//   2) Select Forms->JavaScript->Console
//   3) Paste follow code into the Console, update file path, start and end page numbers, if needed.
//   4) Select Execute
var np = this.numPages;
var sp = 0
var ep = np - 1;
for(i=ep; i>=sp; i--) {
    this.insertPages(i, "/C/temp/notes_page.pdf", 0, 0);
}
"Page Count: Starting:" + np + " Ending:" + this.numPages;

Edited by Kent VanderVelden