NITRO 12 - The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please Reinstall

LucaParas

Hi,

i can't install nitro pro 12 on a pc with windows 10 pro 64 bit.

Afert installation a receive the messagge:  "The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please Reinstall"

When i restart the service Nalpeiron Licensing.

But when I launch Nitro Pro,  the service status changes to Stopped and application error (NLSSRV32.EXE) is generated.

thanks

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @LucaParas,

Thanks for posting on our forums page!

Could you please check to see if Nalpeiron Licensing Service is running in the background when you try to run Nitro Pro?

To check please do the following:

1. Go to and type services.msc and then hit Enter
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Nalpeiron Licensing Service’ and then double-click it
3. Check that the Startup Type: is set to Automatic and that the Service Status: is set to Running - if it isn't, click on Start.

I hope that helps!

Hello Leslie,

thanks for your answer, but the check you suggested,  unfortunately are not useful.

I have already set the service in AUTOMATIC mode.

Over suggestions?

Bye

• 3 weeks later...
Patrick Stavros
On 6/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @LucaParas,

Could you please check to see if Nalpeiron Licensing Service is running in the background when you try to run Nitro Pro?

2. Scroll down until you see ‘Nalpeiron Licensing Service’ and then double-click it
3. Check that the Startup Type: is set to Automatic and that the Service Status: is set to Running - if it isn't, click on Start.

I hope that helps!

Please follow up on your post.  Your solution did not work for the initial poster or myself.  Not much of a Nitro Expert if you can't follow up on bad support recommendations. 

Edited by Patrick Stavros

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 8:17 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @LucaParas,

I hope that helps!

I'm using Nitro Pro 8. I was facing the same challenge. First I got the error message nssrv32.exe is not updated. I checked, it was set to manual in Services. I set it to Automatic. Still, Nitro didn't start. Then, I found that it's set to 'stop". When I started it, Nitro Pro 8 worked properly.

However, my question is why do we need Nalpeiron Licensing Service? I found in google search that it's used by hackers & malwares to get access to PCs etc. & helps in downloading potentially unwanted software & apps on the system. Is that true? If yes, why is it needed for Nitro?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Rahul,

Nalpeiron Licensing Service is our third party licensing service provider. Users need a license to activate Nitro and to get it to work.

Also, please note, Nitro Pro 8 has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 13, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.
You can learn all about some of the features here: https://www.gonitro.com/resources/videos

Please let me know if you have other questions.

16 hours ago, Leslie V. said:

Hello Rahul,

Nalpeiron Licensing Service is our third party licensing service provider. Users need a license to activate Nitro and to get it to work.

Also, please note, Nitro Pro 8 has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 13, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.
You can learn all about some of the features here: https://www.gonitro.com/resources/videos

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Hi @Leslie V.,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I'm aware that Nitro Pro 8 is discontinued. But it's serving my current needs quite well. As & when I'll need the latest version of Nitro, I'll certainly look into it.

However, I'm facing yet another small challenge with Nitro Pro 8. I could resolve the issues of insufficient privileges etc. When I select any file in file explore, I get an error message preview pane that "This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Nitro Pro 8". This error started coming only resolving issues with Nalpeiron Licensing Service. Before this, it was working fine. Can you please help me in resolving this issue as well. I shall be extremely obliged.

• 1 month later...

I am unable to create a new post, so I am posting here hoping for some help.

Microsoft Azure environment.

Tried multiple servers get the "The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please Reinstall"
I have tried every fix from these forums and what I found online.

I have successfully installed this in a Onsite VM and a windows 10 machine, so I know it is not the installer.

Is there something with Azure that could be causing the issue, has anyone figured out the solution?

Any help would be appreciated.