Unwanted upgrade from 11 to 12

leonnow

I managed to get my Nitro pro 11 all fouled up.  I wanted to check to see if there were security patches or updates.  Though nothing told me so until I was done with the process, apparently my version 11 was deleted and version 12 trial copy was installed.  I did not want to upgrade, but now I can't get back to where I was.  I was perfectly happy with 11 for my needs.  I used system restore, and now 11 doesn't work.  I have my serial #, but can't seem to get anywhere I can reactivate 11.  I just get an error message that Nitro stopped working, and a message will be sent to Microsoft(?)  Can anybody help me out of this predicament?

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @leonnow,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me a direct message with your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address you provided here.

Looking forward to your response!

2 hours ago, Leslie V. said:

Hello @leonnow,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me a direct message with your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address you provided here.

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks for getting back to me.  The reason you couldn't find it via email, is because I attempted to set up an forum account with the email I used for ordering, and it didn't work, and when I deleted it and attempted to set up again, it would never send me an email verification, so I used another email account!  That's kind of how this whole thing has gone....

The email I originally used was Leoxxxx99@yahoo.com.  Can you change my account to that?  It would be better for me...

The serial # is 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Thank you,

Loren

Edited by AllainU
Hide sensitive information

I am getting a little frustrated...I sent my original post wednesday, and got one response.  I messaged the information required (serial #) but have not heard back, and in the meantime I have no working version of Nitro Pro.  I use it frequently and this is causing a real problem for me!  can you please help?

thank you

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @leonnow,

Thanks for your response and my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

To further assist you, is machine a part of a Domain within your organization / company? If yes, I believe your IT Admin may have placed a Group Policy (GPO) and attached the Nitro Pro 12 MSI installer somewhere. This has happened to one of my case before and it was fixed after removing that MSI package.

I also had another case where a Shavlik program is the culprit. It's a patching software that scans their computers and will push out updates to computers and the software therein it finds that need updating. If you have such software installed, Nitro Pro could be listed there to keep it updated.

Now to reinstall your Nitro Pro 11, could you please uninstall it, reboot your machine and reinstall using these offline installers?:

x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi 

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874 

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Thank you.  I actually got it working.  Found a "repair" button when researching nitro files, and it restored my 11!  Not exactly sure why, but thats ok, I am up and running.

Leon