NitroPro Crashing After Printing to Xerox

EGuo

Bit of a strange issue I'm having, it seems that NitroPro is consistently crashing every time I send a print job to my Xerox 6204 printer. This is only happening for Windows 10 (Windows 7 does not have this issue), and I have gotten the same results on both NitroPro 11 and NitroPro 12. The same issue does not occur for any other PDF application. I have tried running repairs on the software and reinstalling it with no luck. This is happening across several different Windows 10 computers consistently, and only my Xerox printer is causing the crashing.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this issue.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EGuo,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Does your Windows 10 machines uses the latest software / driver for Xerox 6204 printer?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro via private message by hovering your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Nitro Pro 12 build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Also please provide the exact build of the Nitro Pro 11.
-When you uninstalled the programs, did you use our Clean-up utility from this page?: kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/clean/000003054

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

The Windows 10 computers do have the latest driver downloaded directly from Xerox's site.

The build for Nitro Pro 12 I am using is 12.0.0.112

The Build for Nitro Pro 11 I tried was 11.0.3.134

I did not try the clean-up utility when reinstalling the program, but I did a clean install of NitroPro 12 on a Windows 10 computer that did not have anything installed prior. It still had the same issues printing to the xerox.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EGuo,

Thank you for this information.

Since you are still working with old builds, would it be possible to update first your programs to the latest builds?

If yes, please uninstall 12.0.0.112 and 11.0.3.134, reboot your machines and reinstall using below offline installers:

Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574:
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470:
x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I ran the clean-up utility to completely remove NitroPro, then installed the 64-bit version of version 12 that you linked. I verified that the build was 12.16.3.574 after launching the program. As of now, I am having the same issue on the newer build. After sending the print job to the Xerox, the program exits and the crash report window pops up.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EGuo,

Thanks for your patience.

When a crash report comes up, it is the same with below image?:

crash_report.png.d6f3977e6ec3f231b6371c092c74f777.png

If yes, could you please replicate again the issue, enter your email address to send the crash report?

If you are receiving a different error, would it be possible to provide screenshot of that?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EGuo,

I checked our end but did not find any crash report submitted using your forum email address.

Did you use a different email address when you submitted the crash report? If yes, would it be possible to provide it for checking?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EGuo,

Thank you for replicating the issue and submitting the crash report.

While I am still checking the report, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12 by sending me a private message?

I have sent one of the serial numbers we are using, though the crash report was submitted from a trial installation on my personal laptop.