OCR for Chinese character text

MLL

I installed Nitro Pro 12 version 12.16.3.574 today.  The release notes had the following comment:

Known Issues

When using the OCR function in Japanese and Chinese languages, the end result is inaccurate and in some cases can produce symbols instead of characters. This does not affect any other languages.

So, my question is: Does Nitro ever intend to resolve this issue, and if so, when might it happen?  I frequently scan documents in Chinese and invariably the OCR fails to correctly read the characters and produces symbols, as noted above.

Thanks for any information or feedback you can provide.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @MLL,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

We don't fully support both languages and there are no short-term plans to enhance/improve/add the support for both languages at the moment.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you for your quick and direct response. Sorry to hear Nitro has no firm plans to provide better support for Chinese character OCR.

This leaves me no alternative but to find a different app that does. Wish I had known this before upgrading to version 12, otherwise I would have just continued using version 10.

Not a happy customer...