Resize PDF

Human

I am either blind or I am shocked that this very basic feature has been overlooked.

If there is an option to view current document dimensions and resize them, could someone please point it out? If not, I would like to please request this very basic functionality be added. I don't mean 'crop', I mean 'resize' a document from one standard size to another (e.g. foolscape to A4).

Thanks

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Human,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, it is better to use the 'Set Page Size' feature, which is available by right-clicking a page in the 'Pages' pane. Please refer to below screenshot:

1074754527_SetPageSize.thumb.jpg.b2c7e49f6125c543c8329a404537b45e.jpg

Once the dimensions are set, make sure to change the Page Scaling options to include "Expand to fill printable area". Please refer to this screenshot:

Expand-to-fill-printable-area.thumb.png.5b70d03715161f5ef74537fc358fc39d.png

Alternatively, if you're not getting the results you're looking for, another way to change paper size from "letter" is to go into "Print Properties" and select a different page size. Settings are retained for the session so you also need to go back into Print Properties to change when you want to switch back to letter size. 

Thanks for choosing Nitro and please do not hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Erik Fredeen

I am having the same problem and the above solution also did not work for me. Can Nitro please confirm that it can not resize a larger page without cropping it to fit the page? I tried the 'Expand to fill printable area' and print to a new pdf, and it still crops the page and forces everything into a portrait format (I have mixed portrait and landscape pdf files). I searched the user guide and under 'resize page' there are no instructions other than cropping. Please let me know as soon as possible since I will need to pursue a refund if this does not work. Posted 4-13-20. Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have always had this problem with Nitro -- any response here at all?  I like Nitro, but the support here is....less than adequate.  

Mohammad M.
On 3/25/2020 at 3:28 AM, Hunter said:

None of these solutions worked for me.  They would either crop the page or produce same document size.  

I have the same problem (Nitro Pro 12.5). I combined pages from two documents, but the pages are of two different sizes. All I want to know is to reduce the dimensions of the large pages, so that it is the same like the smaller pages. Using "set page size" will crop the pages, not resize. I want to preserve the complete page, only smaller in dimensions

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, Mohammad M. said:

I have the same problem (Nitro Pro 12.5). I combined pages from two documents, but the pages are of two different sizes. All I want to know is to reduce the dimensions of the large pages, so that it is the same like the smaller pages. Using "set page size" will crop the pages, not resize. I want to preserve the complete page, only smaller in dimensions

Same issue, but I have Nitro 13.2.3.26.

Not sure that my question/issue is exactly the same, but I'd like to know if there's a way to print a PDF document based on a specific percentage of page size. For example, I want to reduce what's on a PDF page to 75% and have that print. At first I thought that it might be accomplished through the printer properties/advanced menus. No luck. I also tried using the 'Set Page Size' menu (seems like that menu is "buried" for no good reason), but also no luck.

Is this possible to do? I could have swore that Adobe allowed such a thing.

Using: Nitro Pro 13.15.1.282

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed a workaround for this.

I created my combined PDF document in nitro, and then from nitro I used the "print to PDF" function, setting the print size to A4. This leaves you with a horrendous file size, but if you open the newly printed PDF in nitro again and use the "optimize" function, it brings the size back down.

A massive PITA for something that seems like it should be easy, but at least now I can do it.