Nitro Pro 11 Won't open

John V

I tried to open a PDF document today to edit, and it seems like NP 11 starts to open, but then just goes away. So I tried to repair it through programs modify/repair and it hangs up because it says that it cannot access C:\ProgramData\Nitro\Pro\11.0\nitropdf.dat. The file is there, and it is not protected in any way, so not sure what is going on there. So I thought I would uninstall and reinstall, except for when I try to uninstall it hangs and tells me "Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding. The file C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11\NitroPDF.exe is being held in use by the following process: Name: NitroPDF, Id: Window Title: 'Nitro Pro'. Close that application and retry." The program I am trying to uninstall is keeping me from uninstalling the program! I tried rebooting my system to no avail. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions appreciated.

Using Dell OptiPlex 7050 Micro

32 GB RAM

Intel Core is-7500T CPU @ 2.70 GHz

Windows 10

Office 2016

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, John V said:

I tried to open a PDF document today to edit, and it seems like NP 11 starts to open, but then just goes away. So I tried to repair it through programs modify/repair and it hangs up because it says that it cannot access C:\ProgramData\Nitro\Pro\11.0\nitropdf.dat. The file is there, and it is not protected in any way, so not sure what is going on there. So I thought I would uninstall and reinstall, except for when I try to uninstall it hangs and tells me "Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding. The file C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11\NitroPDF.exe is being held in use by the following process: Name: NitroPDF, Id: Window Title: 'Nitro Pro'. Close that application and retry." The program I am trying to uninstall is keeping me from uninstalling the program! I tried rebooting my system to no avail. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions appreciated.

Using Dell OptiPlex 7050 Micro

32 GB RAM

Intel Core is-7500T CPU @ 2.70 GHz

Windows 10

Office 2016

Thank you

On 7/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, John V said:

Finally got it fixed. Thanks

Bocab - it's been a while since that problem, but I had to reinstall Nitro. One issue I had was it wouldn't uninstall first. I had to go to Task Manager - and then go to details. I found another instance of Nitro running there I had to kill. Hope that helps.