Naming Bookmarks

Chris Eld

When I use the COMBINE feature to create a new pdf with a bunch of different pdf files it names all of the Bookmarks with the file name, the .pdf suffix and then adds the page range in parentheses; e. g. "TestFile.pdf (p. 1046-1055)"?  Is there a way to adjust this naming format? I need to truncate the .pdf and lose the pages reference; e.g., "TestFile".

• 2 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please provide us with the following so we can investigate:

- a sample file to test

- the exact build of Nitro that you are using (Help >> About Nitro Pro)

- your exact steps

- some relevant screenshots.

Cheers!

Hi Leslie

We are using Nitro Pro 12.7.0.395.

I highlight the files I want to combine, right click > Combine Files with Nitro Pro. Then I click on Create and save the file. Then I click on bookmarks and go through and remove the ".pdf" and the page numbers from each and every bookmark (usually around 150 of them).  I have created a test file and some screenshots, but I'm sorry I can't work out how to attach them to this post. When I click Insert other media it gives me two options Insert Existing Attachment (there are none) and insert image from URL - but I don't have the ability to post my images to a URL.  Please advise how I can provide you with these files.

Many thanks

Rachel

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am also interested in the resolution to the above issue as my team wastes a lot of time going through and deleting the page number and ".pdf" from the bookmarks that automatically adds itself. 

Hi @kcroyle The response I got back in September is that the software does not provide this ability at this stage.  But we are in the same position - it would save us so much time if we didn't have to edit each and every bookmark when we combine files.  

The developers are aware of the request - but I think this should be a priority enhancement.

• 2 months later...
Deepak Singh

Yeah...I am also facing same issue while combining file. Generally i combine files in number of 200-300. You should try Nitro 8 it will combine files without page number. Bookmark will be like Test.pdf instead of Test.pdf(pg.01).

• 1 year later...

I notice other users on different threads have asked for a preference setting to remove the extension and page numbers from bookmarks as well (see "Combined documents into PDF improvements posted by @Nigel Jackson 27/8/20 and backed up by @JPSFLa" and "Bookmarks - removal of page number reference" posted by @Carsten Witt 3/11/17) . Why has this functionality not yet been added?? @Leslie V.