Chris Eld

Naming Bookmarks

Chris Eld

When I use the COMBINE feature to create a new pdf with a bunch of different pdf files it names all of the Bookmarks with the file name, the .pdf suffix and then adds the page range in parentheses; e. g. "TestFile.pdf (p. 1046-1055)"?  Is there a way to adjust this naming format? I need to truncate the .pdf and lose the pages reference; e.g., "TestFile".

Rachel_R

I am very interested in hearing a solution to this problem too.  We have the same problem, and a fix would save us a lot of time.

Leslie V.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please provide us with the following so we can investigate:

- a sample file to test

- the exact build of Nitro that you are using (Help >> About Nitro Pro)

- your exact steps

- some relevant screenshots.

Cheers!

Rachel_R

Hi Leslie

We are using Nitro Pro 12.7.0.395.

I highlight the files I want to combine, right click > Combine Files with Nitro Pro. Then I click on Create and save the file. Then I click on bookmarks and go through and remove the ".pdf" and the page numbers from each and every bookmark (usually around 150 of them).  I have created a test file and some screenshots, but I'm sorry I can't work out how to attach them to this post. When I click Insert other media it gives me two options Insert Existing Attachment (there are none) and insert image from URL - but I don't have the ability to post my images to a URL.  Please advise how I can provide you with these files.

Many thanks

Rachel

Leslie V.

Hi @Rachel_R,

I have created a support ticket for you so one of our representatives can I assist you directly.

Cheers!