Stop activation revert to free

Cathy Johns

Cathy Johns

Hi

I have used the free nitro reader for years.  I changed PC's a while back and installed Nitro again.  It offered a free trial period for the full package for 14 days.  While I really REALLY liked the full package, I cannot afford it, as its just for personal use.  I wanted to revert to just the normal free package, but its playing up.  It keeps asking me if I want to pay to upgrade to the full version, but I do not.  I always just click to say no and then it works for a while again. BUT it does not work correctly.  I cannot change font sizes or colours, which I used to be able to do.
Can anyone give me a link to just the plain old free package that I can do the basics on please?  I really would love to have the full package, but I just cannot afford it.

Thanks

Cathy

I seem to be in the same boat. I've used NitroPDF for many years, and even have an old version of Nitro Pro that I was awarded after I posted a glowing review of the free product. In my former roles as IT Manager and Director, I purchased multiple copies of Nitro Pro.

I'm now retired, and have only a personal use for NitroPDF. My copy of it is acting up (not displaying the PDF file after creation), so I thought I'd see if there's a newer version to install, but I can't find one -- everything points to Nitro Pro. I also can't find any reference to the NitroPDF Reader. I suspect both of those have been discontinued/"retired" in favour of the Pro version, which I can't afford on my meagre pension.

If anyone can point me to an install of the free version of NitroPDF, I would be very appreciative. (I use it specifically for its ability to append a PDF creation to an existing PDF file -- the default "write to PDF" Windows feature doesn't have that option.)

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Cathy Johns @ALAN1973,

There is no free version of Nitro Pro and we have discontinued Nitro Reader.

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 12, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.
Hope that helps!

Cathy Johns

Hi Leslie V
Thank you for the feedback.  No, I will not try the 14 day trial, as I know I cannot afford the package, and if I try it and it reverts to the PDF reader, chances are it will remove even more features than the current one.  I have found another package that will do the same for free.  Its a pity as I love Nitro, but as I'm not working I cannot buy it.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.
Cathy