debug.log

Adrian Fairfield

Adrian Fairfield

Since latest update I'm getting debug.log files being created for unknown reasons.  They appear to be empty text documents.  Why is this and how can it be stopped?

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @ARF,

Thanks for posting here!

Can you please give us more details about the issue you are getting?

- When are you getting it? What tools/steps are you doing when you got this?

- Please forward a screencast or screenshot of what you are seeing.

- Is this happening regardless of what file you are working on? Please send us a sample one for testing.

Cheers!

Adrian Fairfield

HI, the debug file is created when opening the pdf.  If you send me your email address I can send you a sample PDF.

• I agree 1

Hello Leslie,

for me the same happens. Since update to 12.16.3.574 the debug.log file is installed at opening some pdf files.

The log file includes: "[0716/163632.913:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 511".

So please check this and I hope you can give an answer to this.

Thank you in advance.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
On 7/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, ARF said:

HI, the debug file is created when opening the pdf.  If you send me your email address I can send you a sample PDF.

Hi @ARF @Cain@tsu

Please forward a screenshot of how it looks on your end.

Kindly send me sample files as well so we can try to replicate the issue on our end. Please send it via direct message to me.

Thanks!

We have having the same issue.  Just upgraded multiple clients to Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574 and opening a file on a network share results in the creation of a debug.log file.  The file is 0KB in size.  Has anyone found a solution?

• I agree 2

JanssenKerres

Dear Leslie,

Here is the same problem, in the log file the following text is written:

[0726/141026.036:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(184)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[0726/141026.263:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(184)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[0726/141026.280:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(139)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0726/145926.836:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(184)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[0726/145927.124:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(184)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[0726/145927.144:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(139)] Failed to launch GPU process.

Can you do anything with this?

Kind regards,
Janssen Kerres

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Please forward the file so that we can review and test them on our end.

@ARF - you can hover your mouse over my photo, then click on the "Message" button at the lower-left portion of that pop-up. That will send me a direct message. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello,

This issue has only been recently discovered and it is still being investigated.

So far we have found that it only occurs in 12.16.3.574, and only when opening scanned files (specifically when the 'OCR' notification pops up ~see
attached). Can you confirm this is the same on your end?

If so, the current workaround is to deselect (turn off) "in-product messages" (also attached) via File > Preferences > Notifications.

Kindly let us know if this works for you.

Hello Leslie,

from my point of view I can confirm, that the debug.log file is not created, when I deselect the "in-product messages". Super.

I am not 100% sure, if the file is only beeing created, when I open a scanned file, but most probably it is as you explained. Because I open many pdf-files in a day and I do not have that much "debug.log" files.

For me I feel quite well, because deselecting the "in-product messages" does not influence my work, because I never use the OCR-functionality directly after scanning a document so the message was more or less disturbing me and I did not know how to deselect it.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing this issue as well. Is there a way to deselect "Show in-product messages" from the registry?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Mike R

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Yes-  you'll want to set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\12\Settings\Preferences\kPreferences\kPrefProductMsgs to /b 0

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

Steven, that reg key isn't working for me. None of my machines have Nitro in the HKCU\Software\ path.

I have  HKLM\Software\Nitro\Pro\12\Settings\Preferences\kPreferences\ and if I create the kPrefProductMsgs /b 0 string value, it works, unless you change it manually from the Preferences>Notification window and then it stays.

I also have this issue with my newly installed trial of 12.16.3.574 on Win10 Pro. My debug.log files are empty. Above fixes seem to have only temporary effect (or none at all).

I'm also observing a debug.log file being created every time i open a pdf file. For example, i create a pdf with Nitro and when i open that file a debug.log file is created. Disabling "show in-product messages" did not change the behavior. I'm using a trial version of Nitro Pro 12 (12.16.3.574)

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue with Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574 which is very annoying. Whenever I open a PDF with scanned content, an empty debug.log file is created. 

I created the registry entry as mentioned by Steven Zakulec above, but still the same.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Beat

There are three separate known workarounds:

1. Turn off “Show In-product messages” via File > Preferences > Notifications
2. Open Nitro before opening a scanned file
3. Upgrade to version 13, this has been fixed in the current version.

Cheers!

On 12/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Beat

Cheers!

Thanks, Leslie! #1 and #2 helped to solve this issue.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 7:09 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @Beat

Cheers!

Hi Leslie,

What if we cannot upgrade to Nitro Pro 13 since we only have the Nitro Pro 12 key.

Will there be a patch for this?

Thanks,
Max

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Max

At the moment, there's none for Nitro Pro 12. We also do not know yet whether or not there will be a patch created in the future for that version.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• 3 years later...
Michael Hutchison

I am on 14.7.1.21

I have turned off in-product notifications and this does not resolve this issue.   Has there been any product patches that will resolve this problem?  It is not practical to open the product before each file is opened.  

thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
On 10/6/2023 at 3:32 AM, Michael Hutchison said:

I am on 14.7.1.21

I have turned off in-product notifications and this does not resolve this issue.   Has there been any product patches that will resolve this problem?  It is not practical to open the product before each file is opened.  

thank you.

Hello @Michael Hutchison

Can you walk us through the specific issue you are getting? Please include some screenshots as well if possible.