Nitro Pro Printing Issues

Nick Valle

I just purchased Nitro Pro and I am having issues printing PDF files.  I can view and alter PDFs, however when I try to print PDFs, Nitro Pro just shuts down and does not print the file.  I also get a "DEBUG" that appears on my desktop.  How can I correct this issue so I can print all PDFs right from Nitro without issue.  Please help!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nick Valle,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for these issues you are experiencing.

With regard to the Debug.log generated, we are already aware of this issue and we are still investigating as it appears to start happening with Nitro Pro 12.16. To get information from you, is the program generating this log when opening scanned PDF files?

In connection to the printing issue, is your printer physically connected to your machine or it is a network/shared printer? Does it have the latest software / driver installed? What is the make / model of your printer?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain,

Thank you for getting back to me.  Yes this is happening with scanned documents and also with PDFs that have fields that can be filled in with information, like your company name, address, etc.  My printer is a network printer, not physically connected to my computer.  The Make/model of the printer is Kyocera TASKalfa 4501i v4 KX (XPS) and the drivers are all up to date. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nick Valle,

Thank you for providing this information.

With regard to the Debug.log, are you still able to use the program while it is generated? If yes, that is good to know because currently, we are still investigating this issue on our end. Otherwise, we would need you to roll-back to a previous build which is 12.14.

In connection to the printing issue with your Kyocera TASKalfa 4501i printer, is it possible to uninstall the KX driver, reboot your machine and install a PCL6 driver to see if that will help?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain,

Yes I am still able to use the program when I get the debug message.  I also removed the printer, rebooted and reinstalled it and it seemed to work, I was able to print a scanned document.  I will keep you posted if I continue to experience issues.  

Thank you for your help!