Text Visability

Thompson Dryers

Thompson Dryers

I have an issue where a PDF that is read with Nitro shows text so faint it cannot be read.  But if you open up the same PDF at the same zoom level in Acrobat, it perfectly readable.  Now, I can zoom in on the Nitro one and eventually see the text, but no longer able to see the document as a whole. 

The document in question is from the CAD program Solid Edge.  Everything else in the document (lines, boxes, circles, etc) are easy to see.  Just not any text.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be the case?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Thompson Dryers,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot, kindly run Nitro Pro with higher DPI mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\X) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Settings, click on Change high DPI settings.
4. Another Nitro Pro Properties window will open.
5. Enable Override high DPI scaling behavior.
6. OK > OK to save the setting and test Nitro Pro again.

If above steps did not help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Nitro Pro build (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.8.470) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-A copy of the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-Screenshot of the issue when opened using Nitro Pro and the clarity when opened using Adobe.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.