Latest version now - Defaults to Color printing always :(

PeterGR

I have been running Nitro 12 for about 6 months and been printing fine and it followed my printer default of printing in B&W as default.

However, last week, I upgraded to the latest v12.16.3.574 and ever since then Nitro Pro now defaults to color (costly ink).

I have not changed the printer or driver. Driver still set to default B&W. Other programs default to B&W fine. I cannot seem to make Nitro follow the default of B&W.

Every time I open a PDF it is default color again. Please help (me save costly ink). I believe it may be a bug with this Nitro Pro latest version.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @PeterGR,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Have you tried printing to another physical printer? Did you get the same result?
-Do they have the latest softwares / drivers installed? What are the make / model of your printers?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

* Only have 1 printer

* Yes latest firmware installed approx months ago and unchanged (ES5473 MFP PCL6 Printer Driver v1.07) and working strong until now. Except for NitroPDF that since Nitro was updated 1 week ago ONLY NitroPDF defaults every program start to colour (against default of printer). MS Word, for example, STILL defaults properly to B&W as per driver defaults but Nitro ignores it and always defaults to colour.

* Model: Oki, Make: ES5473MFP

(Still having the issue)

Please give link of where to find changelog (list of changes) for latest NitroPDF version

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @PeterGR,

Thank you for this information.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @berryjohnson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Have you tried printing to another physical printer? Did you get the same result?
-Does your printer have the latest softwares / drivers installed? What is the make / model of your printer?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

I found my issue was NOT NitroPDF's fault but that I had inadvertently 2 copies of my printers in Control Panel.
One set to default to colour and the other set to black & white.
Deleting the 2nd copy of my printer (the colour one) cured my issue.