VP Operations

ltownsend@fischer-robertso

We have 3 copies of Nitro Pro purchased in 2012 which is version 7.5.  We are interested in installing another couple of copies but we want to make sure since our version is so old that if someone edits a pdf file saved on our network with the newly purchased version and saves it, that one of the computers that is a 7.5 version will still be able to open the same pdf file without a problem with compatibility.  I did try to update my version but the updates won't work.  Am I to assume this is because I am trying to update from 7.5 all the way to 12?

Does anyone have an answer on this?  Anyone at Nitro Pro?  I don't want to purchase two more copies if I can't get an answer.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ltownsend@fischer-robertso,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I suggest taking advantage of our free Trial and see how it works on your environment. You can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try

It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF reader.

If you are trying to upgrade your copies to the latest version, please use our official upgrades page: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

I hope this helps. 

If our 3 computers stay at the old version and I purchase new software for 2 additional versions, will it make a difference in the shared documents if one person edits with version 7.5 and another computer edits the same document with version 12?

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ltownsend@fischer-robertso,

As far as I know there should be no compatibility issues. However, I highly recommend installing the trial version of Nitro Pro 12 and work on the actual files that you usually edit. This way you can make sure that the new version suits your needs before deciding to purchase. 

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 7. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy#sunsetPolicy

• 1 year later...

We have to repeatedly deactivate and reactivate my serial number every time I try to use Nitro Pro when I went to a new computer.  Otherwise it will just continue to run in trial mode even though my serial number is legitimate.  We have to upgrade 3 more computers and don't want to have to continue to have this problem.  Why is this happening?