OCR distorting Documents - Problem not fully fixed

Matthew Kaplan

Matthew Kaplan

Nitro seems to have fixed in its latest version, 12.16.3.574,  the issue that I reported earier (https://community.gonitro.com/topic/5511-ocring-reduces-quality-of-document/?tab=comments#comment-16779 ) about OCRing distorting the image of certain documents.  That's great.  but the fix is not complete.  When you open a non-OCRed document in NItro a dialog box pups up asking if you want to convert the document to OCR.  If you say yes, it will convert, but it has the same problem  as previously occurs--the document is often distorted.  If, however, you ignore this pop up and manually OCR the problem, as far as I can tell, does not apear and the document doesn't not become distorted.

This is obviously a bug, and both a serious bug and one that is presumably easy to fix.  I almost gave up on Nitro because I thought that the issue had not been fixed in 12.16.3.574.  It was only by happenstance that I discovered that manual conversions (using the command on the ribbon) with the latest version fixes this problem.  Nitro deserves kudos for fixing this, but it should be fixed completely, by fixing what happens when OCRing is done through the pop up.  And I am not sure if the problem still persists if there is batch OCRing of documents.  Would be good to get confirmation that it does not.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MB1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and for reporting this possible bug.

To further assist you, please allow us to test this on our end.

If you could also provide few sample PDF files from your end, that would be great too.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.