Nitro sending print job to physical printer but not showing in print queue

Coleman Greig

Coleman Greig

We work in a Citrix environment an have started having an issue with a single user. When sending jobs from any other program (MS Word, Google Chrome) to a physical printer, the job sends and prints. When sending a print job from Nitro, it says it sends but nothing appears in the print queue and nothing is printed out.

Can i get somehelp wit this issue please? It is only affecting 1 out of over 100 users.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Coleman Greig,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, Nitro support team decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @nmccarty82,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen when printing every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-What is the make / model of your printer? Does it have the latest software /drivers installed? By any chance, are you using PCL or PostScript driver?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @pabsl,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 12. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Elisa Bos,

To further assist you, could you please provide the same information I asked on my previous post?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Elisa Bos,

Thank you for sending the build of your Nitro Pro 11 and the serial number.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

I am having the exact same problem as Coleman Greig, nmccarty82, pabsl, and Elisa Bos

When sending jobs from any other program (MS Word, Google Chrome etc ) to any printer, the job sends and prints. When I send a print job from Nitro, it says it sends but nothing appears in the print queue and nothing is printed out. It happens with EVERY file.

I have version 12.16.3.574. and I have 2 printers: a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint P255dw and a BrotherDCP-6690CW. Both have the latest printer drivers and the only application that does not print is NitroPro. It happens with every PDF.

How do we fix this?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Busman412,

-A few sample files (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end by printing to my Epson L3110. 
-Could you try creating a temporary user account, login and try printing to any of your printers using Nitro Pro 12.16? How did it go?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Busman412,

Thank you for your response and patience.

Please be informed I was able to print all these documents to my Epson L3110 using the same build Nitro Pro 12.16 3 574 on my Windows 10 64-bit.

To further troubleshoot this printing issue, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307 

3. Run MS FixIt to uninstall (or delete traces from previous installations) your Nitro Pro: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

4. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

5. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

6. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and entering your serial number.