Convert to PDF/A programmatically

Martin Dietz

Either the documentation of the command line in the knowledgebase is missing a lot, or the command line itself.

Is really the only conversion that is accessible via the command line the conversion to Word documents?

I'm especially interested in the PDF/A conversion without the need of a user having to click the same buttons over and over for each document that is to be converted. Therefore I looked for a tool to do this programmatically (that's why I ordered this software), and currently I'm disappointed.

From the forum I see that the program does not offer an API, and as the questions I found by searching for "API" are very old (2017), I guess it won't offer one in the near future. Also I noticed that the Nitro printer doesn't create a PDF/A compliant document (or at least PDF readers don't recognize it as PDF/A) from many of my PDFs although I set the printer compliance setting to PDF/A-1b compliant. So the only way to do that without having to force a user to open each document in NitroPDF and initiate the conversion via the GUI would be the command line.

Is there any way to use NitroPDF for the use case I described?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Martin Dietz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, Nitro support team decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

For better case handling, kindly respond to the email message that was sent to you through the support case.

Cheers!