On-Screen Appearance of Text

WEI KEI YIP

I noticed that a few PDF documents I opened recently appear to have the text scrunched up tightly (letters tightly spaced). Whereas when I try opening the same file using Adobe DC for comparison, the Adobe version opens the document and appears "normal". I attached a screen shot side by side comparison. Left is Nitro, right is Adobe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftpe3jh0501xzwb/Nitro vs Adobe.jpg?dl=0

Can this be corrected? I normally use Nitro as my default PDF program but because of this unusual appearance I had to switch to Adobe DC as the default application.

I am running Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112 on Windows 10.

I'm interested in the response to this as well because I have this problem sometimes, too, but mostly when I'm printing something from the web.  If there are words where there are two small "L's" together, they just look like a block.  It never occurs when creating a pdf from a Word doc for me, though, only when printing from the web or a link from certain court sites (am a paralegal and have to download from links sent by the courts).

Dear @MaryC,

I just updated my software version to Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574 and tested again. It still has not improved or "normalized".

Just keeping you informed on the progress of trouble shooting. Am still hoping someone in this forum has a solution to this and another issue I have (separately posted).

Best regards,

Jonathan

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JonY @MaryC,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further investigate this issue, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send me a private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.