Convert to Word just opens empty file

Dwight Marsh

Hi - 

I have been attempting to convert an existing PDF document to Word.  The process doesn't display any errors, but when Word opens the document is empty.

For reference, I am running Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574.  I recently received an upgrade pushed to me, and this is the first time I have tried this conversion since that upgrade (I don't know my previous version).

Thanks... Dwight

dcraddock@benefitelect.com
5 hours ago, Dwight Marsh said:

Hi - 

I have been attempting to convert an existing PDF document to Word.  The process doesn't display any errors, but when Word opens the document is empty.

For reference, I am running Nitro Pro 12.16.3.574.  I recently received an upgrade pushed to me, and this is the first time I have tried this conversion since that upgrade (I don't know my previous version).

Thanks... Dwight

I'm having the same issue and I'm on version 11.0.3.134.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. File is local to my box and I tested with a simple pdf that just contained text.  You can tell it is processing the file as it takes awhile but the end result in word is empty and indicates 0 words.  Thanks Deanna

Edited by dcraddock@benefitelect.com
input name

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dwight Marsh,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, Nitro support team decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

For better case handling, kindly respond to the email message that was sent to you through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dcraddock@benefitelect.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 11. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

On 9/5/2019 at 6:43 AM, Dwight Marsh said:

Hi - 

Thanks... Dwight

Hello, I'm just checking to see if Dwight got any resolve? 

Unfortunately, my IT dept is indicating I'm not allowed to share serial # so Allain is there any other suggestions in regards to issue?  

Edited by AllainU

Hi all - 

I am still working with Support on this.  Here are some of the things we have tried/verified:

• My document in question contained an eSignature, so prior to opening this case, I performed a "Print to PDF" function to get past the lock on the document.
  • Support sent me a test file which successfully converted to Word
  • We confirmed that there are no security settings applied to the document after "Print to PDF"
  • I was able to get a copy of the document (PDF) prior to signature - this version could also not be converted.
  • Next, I printed a physical copy of the document, and scanned it to PDF using our Xerox copier.
  • This document could also not be converted to Word (this is the really strange part of this - this test would seem to eliminate anything related to the creation of the doc itself).
  • We confirmed I am able to select text from the scanned PDF.
  • We also confirmed that if I printed and scanned the test document provided, it does successfully convert to Word.

We are unable to share this document, so diagnosis is probably harder.

So, still pretty confusing.  If anyone has any suggestions would be appreciated.  I will post back if we come up with anything.

Thanks... Dwight