Nitro Pro-10: 3-megabyte file turns into 1.8-gigabyte file

billhuangbns

Hi, fellas. I've been encountering a problem when using Nitro Pro 10. This isn't the first time it has happened.

Sometimes, when editing (i.e. annotating) a PDF document, the program would save a file (the original document usually being 3-4 megabytes) and turn it into a monstrous file (sometimes 900 mb to 1.8 gb in size). As a result, the program would freeze up every time I attempt to open that PDF document, which usually results in me deleting the file and starting over from scratch.

I have no idea why it does this. Can you provide some tips why this program is acting this way, and how to prevent it in the future? I've noticed that some particular PDF files are very prone to this problem.

Much appreciated; thanks!

• Official Nitronaut

Hi Bill,

To assist and help troubleshoot this issue, please submit a ticket to our Support team at:  www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

When submitting your case, please include a copy of the original file.  

Typically, PDF files will start to increase in file size after recurring use and when adding information into it's active form fields/etc.  It's usually not a 3mb file that turns into 1.6 gb, however, so getting a copy of this file and understanding your work-flow will help us to test, document, and understand your particular case better.

We have options like our Optimization tool, which will allow you to decrease the size of your file (found under File > Optimize PDF 

Here is more info on reducing the file size:  http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/optimize/000001940

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Eli R. said:

Hi Bill,

To assist and help troubleshoot this issue, please submit a ticket to our Support team at:  www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Typically, PDF files will start to increase in file size after recurring use and when adding information into it's active form fields/etc.  It's usually not a 3mb file that turns into 1.6 gb, however, so getting a copy of this file and understanding your work-flow will help us to test, document, and understand your particular case better.

We have options like our Optimization tool, which will allow you to decrease the size of your file (found under File > Optimize PDF 

Here is more info on reducing the file size:  http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/optimize/000001940

Cheers!

Thanks for your tip, Eli!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to send the original PDFs since they are copyrighted (they are a university professor's notes). However, I would definitely submit a ticket.

Once again, thank you for your time!

Bill H.

• 2 months later...
Jack Crittenden
On 1/18/2017 at 8:07 PM, Eli R. said:

Hi Bill,

Cheers!

I'm not sure how long we have been using Nitro Pro 10, but we have just started to have the same issue all of a sudden.  The file size goes from 3 to 5 Megs to 199 meg to over a gig.  It destroys the original file so we can't attach.  Was there a simple solution to the problem which could be posted here?

• Official Nitronaut
On 4/18/2017 at 3:26 AM, Jack Crittenden said:

I'm not sure how long we have been using Nitro Pro 10, but we have just started to have the same issue all of a sudden.  The file size goes from 3 to 5 Megs to 199 meg to over a gig.  It destroys the original file so we can't attach.  Was there a simple solution to the problem which could be posted here?

Hello Jack,

Usually, the issue is file-specific, so it will be best to open a support ticket so we can test it on our end.

I see that you have already done this. We will be in touch through that ticket.

Cheers!

Archived