Review tools disabled with some pdf files

dederocks

Hello,

I try to do some measurements on files, but with some of them, the measure tool (and almost all the other review section tools) are disabled. Why? Is it possible to change this?

Thanks,

André

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dederocks,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Does this issue happen on PDF files with Password protection? If yes, kindly note that Passwords are added to PDFs for multiple reasons.

One of those reason is security, an author can create a PDF and put a password of their choosing on the PDF to prevent numerous actions such as Opening the PDF, Editing or even printing and much more.

Otherwise, we would love to get a few PDF files from you for some tests. Is this possible?

Also, could you please provide your Nitro Pro serial number so we can check it in our system?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you for your feedback!

Actually, I've noticed that I needed to enable PDF modifications, since the files were PDF/A conform - I guess this means you may not change the content?. Allowing changes to the document solved the problem - sorry for the noise.

Edited by dederocks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @randiyager,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The permission password is set by the owner of the document.

If you are the document owner and you forgot the password, there is no way to retrieve.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!