No Print to PDF option

pdonahue

I have recently installed Windows 10 and have been used to having a Print to Nitro PDF option in all printer drop-down lists in Windows 7 but this option is not now available. There is a Microsoft Print to PDF option which doesn't seem to be as fully featured. I am using Nitro Pro v7, is there anything I can do to get the Print to Nitro PDF option back?

Many thanks

Peter

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @pdonahue,

Thanks for contacting Nitro!

Unfortunately Microsoft has changed the way the 'Print Spooler' works in Windows 10.
Because of this Nitro Pro 7 cannot be supported on Windows 10.

The PDF Creator built into Nitro Pro 7 will not work properly.
Though other functions should remain usable.

You have two options from here:

1. You could upgrade to Nitro Pro 12: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

2. You could install Nitro Pro 12 as a trial (alongside your current installation), just to use the PDF creator.
The Creator will remain after the trial has finished.

I hope that helps!

Dear Leslie

Thanks so much for the reply, I suspected as much but could find any reference to this.

To be honest, I am very happy with Nitro Pro7 at the moment, apart from this issue so might use your second option. Can I just ask whether after installing the v12 trial, I should regain the ability to see Print to Nitro PDF in my printer options in any printable software? And if so, are you saying this functionality will remain after the end of the trial period when other functionality is lost - as long as I don't uninstall the trial version?