javaScript getNthFieldName returns empty string

RoL

In my pet form, I am finding NitroPro12.16.3.574  is sometimes returning an empty string when I use getNthFieldName.

I can provide the form or more details if someone is interested in fixing this.

I see this as assisting the developers to fix and avoid future client problems.

The form was created using two non-Adobe and non-Nitro programs...and later massaged by Adobe Reader DC...then saved before loading into Nitro.

Further... I would really like to be able to save the java log contents to a text file or just copy it to clipboard.

AND... when loading field values from an FDF file, it seems that Nitro products (I have tried NitroReader5.5 and NitroPro 11 and NitorPro12) ... only load the first value for fields that are not visible on screen (I have some field not visible within the page and several more hiding below the page boundaries).

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @RoL,

Thanks for posting here!

Please provide us with the file and some screenshots so we can see what you are seeing on your end.

Cheers!

Hello Leslie V.,

The ZIP file contains a PDF form, an FDF file and two pictures.
Place all into an enpty folder....

Ouch....I cannot see how to add the zip file to this....can I send it by email ?

1. Open the PDF file in Nitro Pro  12.16.3.574

2. Cancel the "document contains fillable form fields" message.

2a. Expose the bookmarks

3. Now you see picture First.png

4. Click on the nested bookmark
   Load data file: / Load an FDF file

Select the FDF file (this one is Test_visible_field.FDF )

5. Now in theld BasicSystem near to right of window,
you see "First value"
This is shown in picture Second.png

This shows that only the first value for the field has been loaded.
There are two more with different values later in the FDF file.
ie these 3 lines:

<< /T (BasicSystem)    /V( First value )    >>
<< /T (BasicSystem)    /V( Second value )    >>
<< /T (BasicSystem)    /V( Last value )    >>

Note:  I have also tried this in NitroPro11 and NitroReader5.5.  All behave the same way.

6. Now click OK in the "refresh is cancelled" alert meessage.
{This is shown in Fiest.png picture )
And expose the javascript log (if not already visible).
Scroll to lines (about 14-16) where there are two "Field nnn MISSING: ()" messages.
These are due to this.getNthFieldName javascript function returning an empty
string for the field names.
I suspect these are for fields I call Z.Sticker and Z.MyClass
Both are radio buttons....which Nitro may not support at this stage.

Finally .... I would really like to be able to select all text in the javascript
log and copy it to the clipboard...so I can then save it to a text file.
e.g. <Ctrl>A to select all the text   and <Ctrl>C to copy it.

Please let me know if you need more details and also when I might hope for any of these to be changed in Nitro.

Cheers.....Rex Livingston  in Melbourne, Australia

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @RoL,

Thanks for the details! Please note although Nitro Pro supports Javascript, we do not provide customer support for creating and editing scripts because we are not trained for these. 

Hopefully one of our members who are Javascript-savvy will be able to help us here.

Cheers!

Further to this one....I have an FDF file which I load over the form to fill most of the fields.

When I do that with NitroPro12 ... then save_as a new file name for the PDF file

...then export the fields to an FDF file

...then start a new session with EITHER NitroPro 12 OR Adobe Reader DC .... and open the empty form and load the exported FDF file

.......I find that both programs do not fill the same about 100 fields....but the other 100-odd fields are filled in.

So...I suspect there is something wrong with the exported FDF file.

I can provide the files when you are ready to try this.....you can use the PDF form I sent earlier and see the FDF files I will shortly send by email to Leslie V.

....Rex L.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:00 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @RoL,

Thanks for the details! Please note although Nitro Pro supports Javascript, we do not provide customer support for creating and editing scripts because we are not trained for these. 

Hopefully one of our members who are Javascript-savvy will be able to help us here.

Cheers!

Hi Leslie,

I was not seeking help with my scripts, rather I was notifying Nitro about deficiencies in the javascript processing.

ie...things I believe are not working properly and should be fixed within the Nitro product(s).

One of those was that the exported FDF files must either be incorrect or the reloading f them has errors.

Cheers....Rex L.