Crashes after Upgrade to Version Nitro Pro (13.2.2.25) x64

DPBraun

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DPBraun,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for this inconvenience.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, does this happen with every file or only those with images in it? 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Not every file but those with graphics seem to. I sampled about four files. Some company promotional materials, Word files with graphics,  CorelDraw image saved as pdf.

All had an error. The CorelDraw to pdf genetated the error COM Surrogate stopped working.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

@DPBraun,

Thank you for for these information.

Please send us the sample files (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I am having the same problem.  I ordered the 13 upgrade, got the email notice to download trial, did so, then followed cleverbridge instruction to activate license, which was successful.  Nitro pro opens, but when I attempt to do anything, like create a pdf from Word, or open a prior PDF saved on computer, it crashes, and asks if I want to send a report.   I sent one.

Running on a lenovo with windows 10, 64 bit.

Leon

• I agree 1

I'm having the same issue, also w/ Windows 7 x64.  Many of my documents have some type of image. 

At first Pro 13 opens smaller documents, sans images, however it eventually won't open anything without crashing.  It also doesn't seem to like more than two documents open at the same time with the third document opening a new tab, but the document is not visible.

Restarting my machine helped at first, but then the program began to crash again.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Good day @escrowplus@comcast.net

After checking your account, I can see you already submitted a support ticket.

For better case handling, kindly wait for a Nitro Support Representative's email message through the support case.

Hi @SnapHappyScrapper,

To further assist you with your concern, Nitro support team decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

For better case handling, please wait for a Nitro Representative's email through the support case.

Cheers!

Hello @leonnow,

We can't seem to find your purchase using your email address.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 

Same issue with constant crashing here - on opening a PDF or converting multiple types of documents to a PDF. Never had these issues with 12. Already uninstalled and did a completely clean new install. This is a v13 problem. Windows 10 x64.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ryanweb @leonnow,

Thank you for your patience and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Our product team just released a new build for Nitro Pro 13 to address this crashing issue so please try the new installer from this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

I grabbed the file above and the crashes have stopped. Wish you posted updates on your site or added the option in the software. If you have, let me know where I can find it. This lasted a week without anyone getting back to me to let me know I just needed to try the update. I filled out dozens of crash reports with my email address.