Crashing

Marshall Brown

Marshall Brown

I installed Nitro Pro 13 yesterday after buying at the advanced purchase. The program crashed at the first attempt to load a file. I sent crash report.

I reopened and tried another smaller file. It crashed and I sent a crash report.

I reopened and ditto.

I reinstalled and ditto.

I removed Nitro Pro 13

I tried to reinstall Nitro Pro 11 but evidently the new install removed the older version.

I found my original install file from 2016 and tried to install. It said the was a newer version installed and stopped.

I used Revo uninstaller to remove all traces of Nitro and reinstalled Nitro 11. That seemed to work.

Do I ask for a refund or will someone help me make this work. I use Nitro everyday for work so something needs to happen.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Marshall,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for this crashing issue.

To further assist you, is Nitro Pro 13 crashing when opening PDF files with images only or with all files?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Marshall Brown

I was only able to open one file with out a crash. It was a rather short file. Others created by the same program crashed. I tried files created by other programs and some I had downloaded as PDF books with the same results. This was upsetting, not only because the long awaited program was of no use as delivered, but I was not able to revert to the version that worked. Even Windows allows you to do that.

Most of the files I work with will have some graphics in them since they are inspection reports and graphics are essential to illustrating concerns. Contracts or agreements do not.

The Nitro Pro version I was using was up to date for version 11 and the only version I could find to reinstall was 11.0.3.173 that I don't think was the final version of that series. It looks different from what I was used to.

I would like to utilize the new Nitro but it has already cost me almost a half day of screwing around with it. If a relatively quick fix can be made, great, but if not, I would like information on how to get a refund. Is there any information you need form me about my system, or ...?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Marshall,

Thank you for your response and again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

I am having the same issue as Marshall. Installed and re-installed yesterday and can only some files. I tried to create a PDF from a word document with an image file in it and it wouldst open the file after creating the PDF. Is there a fix for PDF crashing with images?

I used the trial version and had no issues with the product. I purchased the product yesterday and it crashes almost every time I try to open a file. I have un-installed and re-installed the program but it still crashes when trying to open.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rturbitt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for this crashing issue.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 
-A few the sample files (with sensitive information extracted) with images by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I am having the same crash issue even with some PDFs created with the Nitro PDF printer. Some documents crash upon opening, others crash when I go to a certain page. I had no problems what-so-ever with v12. Am I able to license-wise to uninstall v13 and reinstall v12 until you guys get this worked out?

-EM

Follow-up. Was able to de-authorize and uninstall v13; then reinstall and re-authorize  v12. Able to operate perfectly with the same PDF I previously spoke about with no crashes. There are obviously some serious issues you guys need to address in v13 before its ready for prime-time.

-EM

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @beaker353,

Our product team just released a new build that will address this crashing issue so please use our offline installers below to reinstall your program:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_132326/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_132326/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and entering your serial number.