Unable to use serial number

J Pineau

Last Friday we upgraded a user's computer that had Nitro Pro v8 on it from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This morning when she tried to open Nitro Pro nothing would happen.

We tried repairing it - still nothing. I then uninstalled it and tried re-installing but the Next button on the installation screen would not highlight to be able to continue.

We then uninstalled it and downloaded a trial copy from your web site.

However, we I try to activate the product with our existing serial number it states the serial number is invalid, but I can go to you site and find the serial number which says we have two activations for version 8 available. I believe the trial download is v13.2.3.26.

What do we need to do to get this user back to using the full product?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @J Pineau,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 8.
-A screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab
-A screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

AllainU:

I got your private message but we found version 13 would not allow the user to print documents - it crashed every time she tried to print.

So we installed version 12 onto her machine and that version is working fine for her.

If I upgrade her version 8 serial number can we use the new serial number on version 12 where version 13 did not work for her?

John P

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @J Pineau,

Thank you for your response.

Nitro Pro 13 serial number cannot be use to activate Nitro Pro 12 because they have different formats.

With regard to Nitro Pro 13 not allowing the user to print, have you tried installing it on different machine? 

What build of Nitro Pro 13 did you install? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I plan to try uninstalling version 12 and then installing version 13 with the serial number gotten this morning from upgrading it tomorrow afternoon after 2:30 PM EST. If it still doesn't print I will get the specifics your requested..

I switched computers and all I want to do is move my nitro pro 10 to my new computer. I deactivated the download from my old computer and cannot find a download for nitro pro 10. I know the product is no longer supported but it was working fine for what I needed it to do. I also tried to upgrade to newer product but when I entered my prior serial number it said it was no longer valid. I copied my entire drive from my old computer is there a was to open and active nitropro from there and activate? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @eks,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.