Can not reactivate, please help

jam

After a windows 10 update my Nitro Pro 12 reverted to trial mode and I am not able to deactivate or activate my license number. I keep going in circles with error code 23, 20, messages saying it's deactivated but it won't activate after. I tried manual activation and got "number in use". Screen shows I have only 1 active out of 2 available but then says it can't deactivate with 0. I am very frustrated and have spent over 2 hours trying to use software I purchased. Please assist. Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jam,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with this activation issue, I just replied to your private message.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jorge R,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, you need to uninstall Nitro Pro 13 so we can reinstall your Nitro Pro 12. Please refer to these steps:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Uninstall Nitro Pro 13 by going to Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Programs and Features and reboot your machine.

3. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

4. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.16 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790

5. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and entering your Nitro Pro 12 serial number.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Edited by AllainU

Thank you, Allain. This worked and I've successfully reinstated my license; however, can you comment as to why this happens every time there is a Windows update? It is terribly frustrating and if Nitro is aware of this why don't they post a general comment with this information so it's easier and faster for us to resolve rather than having to join a forum and wait for responses?

I looked all over to find these links on the Nitro site but could only find the Pro 12 update not the entire exe file.

You also messaged me that you had to do something internally to fix my account and this seems to happen with every update. It's very upsetting.

All-in-all, thank you.

Hi Allan, 

I did what you asked on the instructions. I made sure to clear any traces of Nitro. Uninstalled Nitro Pro 13, rebooted computer. Reinstalled Nitro Pro 12, and I try to activate. It still gave me the same error message that the serial number entered does not exist. 

Should I uninstall again?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jam,

Thank you for confirming you were able to activate the the change I made on your license.

In behalf of Nitro, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

I fully understand your frustrations for this licensing issue as you have to contact our Community Forum every time it happens.

kindly note upon the upgrade of the operating system or installing a major Microsoft update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

As a work-around, an adjustment has to be made to allow you to activate again.

Thank you for choosing Nitro Pro and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jorge R,

Thank you for your patience.

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab?

Also, a screenshot of the error message you have received after entering your serial number.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jorge R,

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.