Setting a save location

Barbara Taylor

Barbara Taylor

I am using NitroPDF version 12.16.3.574  It always wants to save a new PDF in the Documents folder where my earlier version of Nitro saved to the last used location. If I'm doing several prints, it gets very tedious to have to navigate back to the correct place. 

I found the option in the Preferences to check the box "Always save the last locations ..." and checked it and still will not go to my last location, just always goes to Documents. 

Is there another setting somewhere that I missed?  Thanks :)

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rainbowlady77,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

What is your workflow when printing to PDF? Are your printing by going to File > Print > PDF Creator?

If yes, could you please check your PDF Creator's Printer Properties if 'Target Folder' is set to 'My Documents'?

Target-Folder.png.22bdac1c0ee752e7e552335c6ab81158.png

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

My issue is kind of the opposite.  I have Nitro Pro 12.4.0.259.

Preferences/General has the "Default Location" checked.  I follow the above to print to pdf and My Documents shows.  Our department has a PDF folder we save everything to. I browse to that folder and set it.  The first document will save to the PDF folder, however, any additional documents printed to pdf with revert to My Document  and I have to manually browse to the PDF folder.

Also, I uncheck the "Open using default application after creation" and that will also be checked when printing each document.

We are normally printing Excel files to PDF.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Godfadda,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 12?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I am having the same issue that Godfadda had.  Can you please post the solution to the public forum.

I am using Nitro Pro 13.19.2.356.  If I save an excel file as a pdf, it saves it to the folder I choose as well ask my desktop.

Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dan Ward,

Kindly go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers, right-click Nitro PDF Creator then select Printing Properties.

Change Target Folder to your preference, save it they try again your workflow by opening your MS Office Excel.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.