Crashing when attempting to print

rw@molprod.com

rw@molprod.com

Nitro Pro 13.2.3.25 would crash when sending a pdf to printer. Updated to v 13.2.2.26 but the same issue persists. Windows 10, Kyocera Taslalfa 300 printer.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Richard White,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

M Lance Couture

I have the same problem in a nearly identical environment: Upgraded to Pro 13. Crashes when printing to Kyocera TASKalfa 4065ci KX. Uninstalled Pro 13. Used offline installer to install Pro 13.2.3.26. Crashing problem persists.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MLance,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please uninstall the KX driver and install a PCL (or PostScript) drive on to your machine from this page?:

https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.be/en/index/service___support/download_center.false.driver.TASKALFA5003I._.EN.html

Once done, please try printing again using your Nitro Pro 13.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Allain:

I saw the post above and downloaded the PCL drivers for our Kyocera 4002i which I was having the problem printing to using version 13.2.2.25 installed earlier this afternoon. After swapping out the Kyocera TaskAlfa 4002i KX driver for the Kyocera Classic Universal driver I am now successfully printing from v13.2.2.25.

Thank you - John Pineau

M Lance Couture

Greetings Allain and Happy Friday!

Thank you for the follow-up. Instead of removing the KX driver, I added a second instance of the Kyocera 406ci device and changed it to the PCL driver. When printing from Nitro Pro, I choose this alternate version of the Kyocera and it prints fine.

The reason for installing a second variation of the Kyocera - instead of just replacing the KX driver with the PCL driver - is because the PCL driver variation is extremely basic and we loose much of the Kyocera's functionality when using the PCL driver. This way, I keep the KX as the Default Printer, thereby still having access to the Kyocera's functionality.

The only downside is that I have to remember to send Nitro Print Jobs to the alternate device. Not ideal; but certainly better than not being able to print. 🙂

I will look forward to you all releasing an upgrade, making the workaround unnecessary. Until then, I will postpone further upgrades in our office.

Thank you and have a fabulous weekend!

Lance

mljucmj@gmail.com

Updated Windows 10 Pro. Have Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362

Connect to HP Laserjet Pro M227 online/net.

Prior to Windows update no problem printing from Nitro. Currently have no problem printing direct from Word (for example), problem is limited to Nitro.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mljucmj@gmail.com,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.2.25) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-Does your machine has the latest software / driver for HP Laserjet Pro M227?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 1 month later...
M Lance Couture

Greetings! Is there an update to install yet? Or must we continue with the work around? I have another user to upgrade, but have postponed it in hopes that you all released a fix.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MLance,

Thank you for your patience and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Please be informed that we already created a bug case, and escalated to our Product team for further review.

We are currently working on a patch for the program of which will correct this issue.

Once released, we will message you again or you may visit this page from time to time: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

amanda@austtax.net.au

Hi, i am having the same issue.

Nitro version: 13.2.6.26
Printer: Kyocera ECOSYS M2040dn KX
Is there a specific driver i have to download in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @amanda@austtax.net.au,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 13?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @amanda@austtax.net.au,

Thank you for sending me the serial number of your Nitro Pro 13.

To fix this printing issue, please update to Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108 by downloading the installer from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

David Jeffery

My recently purchased is unable to print (13.2.6.26) on Kyocera M2040dn.  The software I bought was not fit for purpose.

It has been very frustrating wasting a vast amount of time on this problem and having to switch back and forth into Adobe.  

I notice there is a version 13.6.1.108.  It may have fixed the problem?

I asked for advice when the new version would be available to fix the problem but I have had no advice. 

Can anyone help me?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DavidJ,

Yes that is correct. We have release Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108 that fixes the printing to Kycocera issue.

To install this new build, kindly visit this page to grab the installer: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If updating using our online installer is failing, this could be because of slow Internet connection so please use below offline installers instead:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1360108/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1360108/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

ptitus@novato.org

Is there a similar fix for Nitro Pro 12?  We have had a crashing issue with a user printing to a Kyocera TASKalfa 7052ci KX.  Does not happen with our Xerox copiers.  It was a document she created with Nitro.  I did not have the issue on my computer, but when I updated to the newest version of Nitro Pro 12 (12.16.3.574) I started having the issue too.  Unfortunately, I do not remember which version I had before.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Philip_Novato,

Please be informed this issue with Kyocera printers has been fixed upon the release of Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108 as per Release Notes:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Since you do not have Nitro Pro 13, please uninstall your current copy of Nitro and reboot the machine by referring to this article:   https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/uninstall/000004474

And install version 12.14. You may use these direct links to download this build:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/vlp/nitro_pro12_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/vlp/nitro_pro12_x64.msi 

Otherwise, if you were interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), we could scrap all the old installations and start on a fresh serial number by reaching out to our Sales Team so they can send you a quote.

I hope this helps. I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 6 months later...

One of our users who has nitro 12 - (I just tried the 12.14 version as suggested) is crashing with a Crash report for Nitro Pro (that says Our apologies) whenever I select Print - It's for all files and it doesn't matter which printer is set as default (I tried setting Nitro PDF Creator as the default)

We use various versions of Nitro for many of our users with no printing issues. 

Any suggestions to resolve? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Segue IT,

Is your user printing to a Kyocera printer by any chance?

Also, could you please provide the serial number of the Nitro Pro that is crashing.

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.