Application freeze on creating PDF from scanner

Victor Cole

I am using Nitro Pro 13.2.3.26. On scan of documents, the application returns errors of unable to create xxx.bmp, then freezes. Clearing the errors results in blank document. I've tried using multiple scan options, both flat scanner and ADF with same result. Bottom line: not usable for creating PDF documents.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Victor Cole,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for this inconvenience.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, what is the make / model of your scanner?

Does it have the latest software / driver installed on your machine?

Could you please try the following workflows if you are able to convert any document to PDF?:

a. With Windows Explorer open, drag-drop the a Word file on top of Nitro Pro desktop shortcut
b. Right-clicking a file > Convert to PDF with Nitro Pro
c. While Nitro Pro is open, go to Home tab > PDF > From File 
d. While the Word file is open in MS Word, go to Nitro Pro tab > Create PDF
e. While the Excel file is open in MS Excel, go to File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator 13

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

The scanner is a component of a Brother MFC-L2740DW multifunction printer. Yes, it has the latest software / driver installed. Workflow results:

1. The drag & drop of a word file failed – no response.
  2. Right click and convert to PDF initiated the Nitro PDF Creator. Application dialog windows open showing the file being converted. The windows are movable, but there’s no progress. Waited 10 minutes, no PDF produced.
  3. From inside Nitro, convert PDF, PDF creator initiates, but then gives error “The creation process encountered an error , and failed to create the PDF file.”
  4. Conversion initiated from inside MS Word using the Nitro Tab was successful.
  5. Printing to Nitro Pro 13 from inside MS Excel – initiates a “Now printing” dialog. As with the right click in Windows Explorer, the dialog box is movable, but after 10 minutes and no PDF created, I canceled. The print to Nitro dialog went away, and MS Excel froze.

Also tried the scan from the Brother multifunction printer again. Nitro PDF creator dialog initiates, then after 30 seconds or so I get an Error dialog “image_001.bmp failed while being created as PDF. Would you like to continue ?” I clicked “No” and one dialog disappeared but the other remained until I closed it. This went to a blank untitled PDF.

Victor Cole

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Victor Cole,

Thank you for this information.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Victor Cole,

Thank you for your response and patience.

To further assist you, I sent you another email through the support case.

If you did not receive it, please check your Spam /Junk folder because sometimes our emails goes to there.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!