NitroPro13 create from scanner ".bmp failed..."

KentW

Since upgrading to Nitro Pro 13, all attempts to create a PDF from scanner have failed with the error message, "Image_001.bmp failed while being created as PDF." I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled with patch level 13.2.3.26. Error still occurs. On Windows 10 and using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8625. Need a resolution or I'll need to revert to Nitro Pro 11 since creating a PDF from a scan is the most frequent function I use. 

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @KentW,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem as KentW.

I have purchased two copies of Nitro Pro 13 - I replaced Nitro Pro 12 on two PCs (I go back to at least Nitro Pro90.

With one  PC running Pro 13 I'm using a Canon (CanoScan) scanner and everything works just as things worked on Pro 12.

But on my laptop Im using Canon scanner P215II and am getting the same error message as KentW.

Interestingly, I can scan perfectly into all other programs on my laptop.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rob5923,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Please be informed that we are still investigating this issue on our end.

Rest assured we will keep you posted once there is an update.

Thank you and have a nice day ahead!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rob5923 @KentW,

I would like  to share that we just released Nitro Pro 13.2.6.26 yesterday.

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall what ever version of Nitro Pro you current have and then reboot your machine.

After rebooting, reinstall the new build using these direct installers and activate using your serial number:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_132626/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_132626/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Happy to report I followed your instructions - for good measure I deleted two Registry keys for Nitro - then restarted. I installed the new release and restarted again. I scanned a document and it worked flawlessly - just like Nitro 12.

Okay, it's only been one test but I'm going to be positive about this and thank you for you attention and help.Insert other media

Again, THANKS, robert

Edited by Rob5923
spelling mmistakes

Based on preliminary testing, the new release has resolved the issue for scanning to a PDF.

Testing print to "Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 13)" in Word and Excel was successful, too.

Tests of the Nitro Pro Add-in in both Word, Excel, and PowerPoint were not successful, but a workaround was identified. The issue of incompatibility with Malwarebytes continues with similar results in each MS Office app (Office 2010 on the PC used in testing). When using the add-in from the menu bar the conversion process appears to get to about the end of the process when the Malwarebytes pop-up appears with the warning of an exploit being blocked. Word/Excel/PPT then closes (crashes). Checking Malwarebytes, the PDF files are quarantined. Upon the next launch of Word/Excel/PPT there is a warning that it had a serious problem with the Nitro Pro add-in with the default option being to disable the add-in. Selecting "No" (to not disable) leaves the add-in available. Repeated tests have the same results. As noted in an earlier response to the support ticket, the incompatibility with Malwarebytes appears to be a longer standing issue (not specific to v13). When I downgraded to Nitro Pro 11 while the Pro 13 update was being worked on, the add-in issue with Malwarebytes occurred with Nitro Pro 11, too.

With further testing, a workaround was found. Unchecking "Open PDF File After Creation" allows the PDF to be successfully created through the add-in and not trigger the exploit blocking by Malwarebytes.

• Power User

Finally...someone like KentW came up with a workaround. Unchecking the "Open PDF File After Creation" worked for me also...and now the deskewing is operative where it wasn't before. This is just some bad coding that can be fixed...1 down...? to go. Thanks KentW!!! Now I'm going to check Bitdefender to see if it is interferring like Malwarebytes.