Printing then crashing.

jim.carey

Nitro Pro suddenly began crashing any time I select Print. It was working fine, then started this and crashes every time. Doesn't seem to matter what file I have open, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Nitro Pro - I have v.12.16.3.574. Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @jim.carey,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just a few questions so we can troubleshoot:

- What printer are you using? (the brand and model)

- Do you know what drivers are used? Have you tried other drivers?

- Do you get any crash reports? Please send me a screenshot, if there is any. 

Also, please open the Windows 'Event Viewer'. You can do this by using the Windows Search tool, and use the Keywords 'Event Viewer'

When you try to print in Nitro, an event should be created under the 'Application' events. Look for any relating to Nitro and send me a screenshot.

Thanks!

Hi Leslie - thanks for your response.

Printer: HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 series

Driver description: HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 series PCL-3; version 20.79.1.6733

I haven't tried other drivers, but everything else (including Nitro, until the crashes started) is working fine; also, Nitro crashes before I can even select the printer.

Crash report: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asifx_3gJjsBkHWwWD0LOftE_qBo?e=lfWxyx

Event Viewer: I opened it but (probably not looking in the right area) was unable to find Nitro related entries

Hope you can help - thanks again.

Cristina Jacinto

Hey guys, so I have the nitro 12 version, for some reason when I try to install the nitro 13 and input my serial number it will state it is invalid and I cant do ANYTHING, well, with the nitro 12 when  I try to print, I get a crash error and it states to send the report over to nitro which I have 10 times and no response. I print from a different printer and It works just fine, but my main printer the printer I use 24/7 doesn't pick it up, it constantly makes my computer just crash and brings up that error report.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nitro, I have tried removing and re adding the printer, I have tried restarting and updating my computer, and still same error.

can anyone help, PLEASE.

Same issue - just starting crashing today. Using HP Office Jet Pro 6968. I can print everything except for printing from the Nitro program. Have uninstalled / reinstalled. Sent a couple of crash reports / waiting on response.  THANK YOU

• Official Nitronaut

Thanks, everyone for letting us know!

I'll forward this to the team so we can investigate.

I'll keep you posted.

Cristina Jacinto

hello, I am still having issues with printing and now so is another employee, we keep getting a crash box pop up. and we cant print any file.

please help. also attempted to download the 13 version and it says I have no serial number for it.

currently using the 12 version.

thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
On 10/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cristina Jacinto said:

Hey guys, so I have the nitro 12 version, for some reason when I try to install the nitro 13 and input my serial number it will state it is invalid and I cant do ANYTHING, well, with the nitro 12 when  I try to print, I get a crash error and it states to send the report over to nitro which I have 10 times and no response. I print from a different printer and It works just fine, but my main printer the printer I use 24/7 doesn't pick it up, it constantly makes my computer just crash and brings up that error report.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nitro, I have tried removing and re adding the printer, I have tried restarting and updating my computer, and still same error.

can anyone help, PLEASE.

Hello Cristina,

Please uninstall the old version of Nitro Pro and install Nitro Pro 13. You can get the correct version 13 installers from this page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your serial number for Nitro Pro 13.

This should address the "invalid" error message.

Also, what is the printer (brand and model) that you are using?

• 3 weeks later...

My printing problem seems to have resolved - not from anything I did, that I know of. Hope Audrey and Cristina have gotten their similar issues solved too.