Can't transfer Licence

jdaish

Hi There, I dumped an old laptop and erased everything first. I have a 2 laptop licence and have Nitro pro on another laptop. I checked my licence number and it says it is not in use, although I am using on my other laptop!  When I try to load on my new laptop it says already used on 2 laptops, although I formatted the old one. How can I get the system to recognise I am only using it on 1 at the moment ? I can deactivate on the very old one as it is destroyed. 

Thanks for your help ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, jdaish said:

Hi There, I dumped an old laptop and erased everything first. I have a 2 laptop licence and have Nitro pro on another laptop. I checked my licence number and it says it is not in use, although I am using on my other laptop!  When I try to load on my new laptop it says already used on 2 laptops, although I formatted the old one. How can I get the system to recognise I am only using it on 1 at the moment ? I can deactivate on the very old one as it is destroyed. 

Thanks for your help ! 

Hi, I have the same problem but have no idea how to find the serial number now as it's been dumped from the old laptop. How do I find the serial number & then transfer it to new laptop? Thanks in advance!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @lissa1511,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, I just sent you a private message.

Cheers!

I have exactly the same problem as jdaish. In 2015, I bought a "life-long" Nitro Pro subscription on my old computer. I now tried to install Nitro Pro on my new laptop.
I tried to the following instructions: https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal
When I enter the "old" serial number and click on "find license", I get the following instruction:

"Once you click “Deactivate”, you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro."

I also get the following info: 
"Number of Activations: 0"
"Number of Activations Allowed: 2"

However, once I click on "Deactivate", I get the following error: 

"Sorry. You may only deactivate 0 devices."

Thanks in advance for the support!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Cyrill,

The message you have received means you have not activated the program.

Were you able to install your Nitro Pro 9 on your new machine? If yes, kindly go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate button and enter your serial number.

If you haven't installed the program, you may use the installers from this page: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/online/000004464

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alfredo,

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly note I just sent you an email message and I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Hi I worked it out in the end. I searched for my license number. When it came up I simply deleted the one that said inactive. Then I was able to add it to my new laptop. Working now 

On 10/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, lissa1511 said:

Hi, I have the same problem but have no idea how to find the serial number now as it's been dumped from the old laptop. How do I find the serial number & then transfer it to new laptop? Thanks in advance!

Hi I worked it out in the end. I searched for my license number. When it came up I simply deleted the one that said inactive. Then I was able to add it to my new laptop. Working now