NitroPro13: "Print pictures" dialog when scanning to PDF

Steve Brandt

I am a longtime user of NitroPDF and recently upgraded from version 12 to 13.  I mostly use Nitro to scan receipts, bills, and such for archive.  When I tried scanning in version 13, the process would go as far as the "status" dialog, which remained blank.  After several seconds, if I clicked cancel, Nitro would respond with an error message, "image_001.bmp failed while being created as a PDF.  Would you like to continue?"

I got around that error by reinstalling the NitroPDF 13 printer.  Now, the status dialog shows that it is creating the PDF, but then the Windows "Print pictures" dialog is displayed.  The PDF is created only if I "print" to the Nitro printer from the print pictures dialog.  None of the previous versions of Nitro required this extra step.  If I cancel from the print pictures dialog, the PDF is not created.

Here are my details:

• Windows 10 Home with 12 GB RAM
  • Nitro 13.2.3.26 x64
  • HP 8610 printer/scanner over wifi
  • I am admin user on the PC
  • Back when the scanning process was completely failing (before the print pictures dialog) I completely uninstalled both my printer software and Nitro via a commercial uninstaller, to be certain that all traces of the applications were removed, and then reinstalled.

If the use of the print pictures dialog is a new "feature" in Nitro 13, is there a way to disable it to return to a pre-13 experience?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steve Brandt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!