Nitro Pro 13 Slow to Open vs Nitro Pro 9

Doug Grey

I open a pdf in Nitro Pro 9 and it opens in 2-3 seconds on my computer.

I open the same pdf in Nitro Pro 13 and it opens in 15 seconds on  this same computer.

Any reason why?  How to resolve?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dougiestylz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.2.25) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-How was this file created and what was used to convert to PDF?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...
Wayne Eelkema

Hi, Was there a resolution to this? I find Nitro 13 getting slower, and slower to load, and the Outlook previewer especially slow. Planning to try uninstall/reinstall, but any further info would be great.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Wayne,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.2.25) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-When running the program as Administrator, does it help? 
-Have you tried running a repair?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Wayne Eelkema

Hi Allain,

Nitro 13.2.3.26. I did a repair, and reboot, No noticeable difference. Not aware of any changes before slowdown. Windows update possible, also updated Nitro 13 recently to ".26" 

If I open pdf from within Nitro, works well, whether running as administrator, or not. It is double clicking a file to open when Nitro opens, but page view is black for a few seconds, then I see document. Win10, Intel i5, 12GB RAM, so pc power should not be an issue.

Experimenting with leaving Nitro open, seems better.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Wayne,

Thank you for this information.

I would like to share that we just released Nitro Pro 13.2.6.26 last week so kindly update using our offline installer for x64-bit:

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_132626/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

I´m a longtime Nitro user and I love it.   Recently upgraded from version 7.5.0.29  (windows 7/64b) to  version 13.8.2.140 for (windows 10/64b) and what a nightmare.  My old 7.5.0.29 was so light and runned fast and easy on windows7. This new 13.8.2.140 version on windows10 is very very slow opening software,  openning files as well as to save them.  Tried different files and most take long to open.  Email attached PDFs take even longer to open. 

Tried some of the tips of this forum but nothing has worked so far..

Hope you guys can help me to get it lighter and faster.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Waldyr,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

We have received a few reports where Nitro Pro 13 opens slower on initial launch. Depending on your machine's configuration, this could be due to the way Nitro Pro 13 handles custom font loading versus the way it was handled in Nitro Pro 12.

While our product team is still investigating, do you have custom fonts installed on your machine? If yes and you have back-ups, would it be possible uninstalling them to see if that fixes the slowness? 

Also, would it be possible sending us copies of your custom fonts so we can perform some more tests on our end?

Hello Allain,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I haven´t installed any custom font. I´m just running standard Windows 10 Home 64b. 

All other applications start faster and PDFs open much faster through other applications as well. 

I´m ready to try whatever you guys recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Wayne Eelkema

Still slow for me too. I just installed 13.9.1.155 latest update. Same thing. Outlook previewer very slow, and documents slow opening on initial launch.It seems to be slow waiting to load the "favorite tools".  I dont believ I have any custom fonts..  Win10 Pro, Intel i5, 12GB RAM, SSD, not sure what to do. I was a loyal Nitro user for many, many years....  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Wayne,

I have checked your account and I can see you were able to upgrade your Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 13.

In behalf of Nitro, we sincere apologize if the new version is causing you problems so please allow me to further assist you.

With regard to slow loading, could you please perform the following steps?:

1. Close Nitro
2. Delete "NitroSysFonts01.dat" from %AppData%\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\13\
3. Run Nitro

If Nitro opens quickly after that, the issue is tied to a bug that we are currently working on and a fix will be available in our next release, likely to go live next month.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Waldyr,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and I hope you are doing fine today.

On your most convenient time, could you please follow the steps I provided to Wayne? How did it go?

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Wayne Eelkema

Hi AllainU,

That seems to have worked!!! Thank you. You made my day :)  I use Nitro all day every day, and not having to stare at it opening a document is great!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Wayne,

I have checked your account and I can see you were able to upgrade your Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 13.

In behalf of Nitro, we sincere apologize if the new version is causing you problems so please allow me to further assist you.

1. Close Nitro
3. Run Nitro

If Nitro opens quickly after that, the issue is tied to a bug that we are currently working on and a fix will be available in our next release, likely to go live next month.

This has worked for me as well. I was getting VERY frustrated how slow opening files was and also previewing files in File Explorer. Deleting that file has seemed to work as a remedy.

Tom R

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @tomrope,

We are pleased to informed you that we have released a recent update that addresses the 'Error 401' issue so kindly update by downloading the direct installers below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790

Feel free to also read the Release Notes for this new build by accessing this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Thank you for your patience and I hope this helps!

• 3 months later...

Serial No. 504970XXXXXXXXXXXX

Nitro Pro 13-.-1-155

There is a serious delay in opening Nitro.  This is slowing not my work production    Nay suggestions on how to correct the issue.   Up until June 11, I had no issues opening within seconds.  This is the case now.    If I leave Nitro open works okay bit once closing it takes a few minutes to open files.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Debra Hall,

We are pleased to inform you that we just released Nitro Pro 13.16 with a few enhancements and fixes so kindly update to the latest build using below direct installer links:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790

• 4 weeks later...
Alexander Keller

Hello,

we have problems with slow opening nitro too. We use the version 13.19.2.356 on windows 10 Professional Clients. The start of nitro takes roundabout one minute.

Is there a workaround or fix to solve this issue? Our users are not happy with this situation. Nitro 12 on our old Windows 7 Pro Clients was much faster. We use the german version.

Alex

Wayne Eelkema

Alexander,

This recommendation from AllainU fixed my issue:

1. Close Nitro
3. Run Nitro

Alexander Keller

Hello Wayne,

I already have done this steps form AllainU previous post.
But unfortunately this don't work for me. I've got the same long loadtime.

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 1:47 PM, AllainU said:

We are pleased to inform you that we just released Nitro Pro 13.16 with a few enhancements and fixes so kindly update to the latest build using below direct installer links:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

Installed 13.26.3.505 and it worked for me.  The Outlook previewer and the initial launch are much better now, including a 164 page document with lots of images.   Thank you!