Activated licenses revert to trial mode

josebg

I have a license for Nitro 13 and today when I open Nitro, an error pops up "Nitro Pro has encountered an error with your license. Please re-try activation. If you still encounter an error please contact support. Error code: -7089". 

I can't reactive neither put my license (button don't work). I tried reinstall, but same error. License portal say that I'dont have a license, but I bought it this month (oct 10 2019). 

Please, can you help me?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @josebg,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the following information?:

-Could you please check if a major Windows Update was installed on your machine? If there is none, does your machine has an application that changes the registries?
-Does this only happen every time you reboot the machine?
-Is there a pattern on when it reverts to Trial Expired (specific time or day, daily or weekly)?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I repeatedly am having this problem since September 28, 2019. I fixed it myself once by uninstalling then reinstalling. Now they say my license number is invalid. I have VIP help but they do not contact me for days. I have called the San Francisco headquarters and they do not take calls or return calls for customer support.  The questions Allain is asking is for a computer tech not a regular person who purchased this product for their business. I am really frustrated with this problem I have had Nitro pro for 6 years. Every time I upgrade this happens.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Honey Bee,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

To further assist you, we decided to re-open your case so please reply to the email message that I just sent you.

Kindly note that the information we are asking is very critical in order to check the status of your license in our licensing server.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello @Honey Bee,

I just wanted to reach out regarding this issue.

We have found a workaround:

1. Close Nitro. 
2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Nitro\Pro\13 (note that ProgramData is a hidden folder) You can also get to the ProgramData folder by typing %programdata% in the Windows Start Menu.
3. Delete the Nalpeiron folder
4. Relaunch Nitro and then try reactivating. This should now work. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Opened Nitro Pro today to work on an urgent deadline - and it's reverted to Trial Mode - and the trial has expired.

Tried to reactivate and alternately get the message "Please enter a valid serial number" or a CloudFlare message that says the site is offline.

I tried the solution above which did not help - the problem is not local - it appears to be with the activation server.

This is HUGELY frustrating and is impacting my business.

Need to get my installation reactivated ASAP.

HELP!!

Edited by John.Morris

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John.Morris,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!