Remove strikethrough or highlight

iku

I would like to remove the strikethrough and highlight that I added before saving yesterday.

How can I do that ?

"Undo" doesn't work because it just undo the action I take immediately before.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @iku,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can click on the Edit tool, click on the highlight or strikethrough that is over your text, then press delete.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks for your instruction.

Maybe that's the only way to delete it.

I tried it, but it's going to affect the sentence underneath somehow, and not easy to click the highlight or strkethrough only.

I would appreicate if you could add the delete feature on the Review tab as well in the near future!

Many thanks.

Iku

• 7 months later...
John Schmidt

I see its been over a year since this was updated, but for anyone else like me who is looking for the solution here it is.

If you have not flattened the document, try the following.

Use the "Select" tool as mentioned above.  Then select the text you wish to remove the strike through.   

Now right click and choose properties at the bottom. This will show a box with Cross-Out Properties.

Click on the appearance tab. Now change the color to white.  Note: Choosing no color will default to Yellow, so white is the better option.

This will reverse or remove the Cross-Out.

This is Cross-Out that I had done to the document a few days earlier then saved.  If this was done by someone else, this may not work due to security or rights management within the document.